Junkers Ju 87 A

W

Wolfy

Special Hobby 1/72:nd scale Stuka . This one cost 20€ and it´s quite expensive even that there´s resin and photoetch-parts .

I mesure this fuselage Kagero Junkers book and there´s lot´s of wrong in the fuselage . It´s too short , wrong shaped after the rear canopy , also there´s some A1 look and A2 look at the same time :ohno: . . . also canopy doesn´t fit the fuselage . . . so this one need´s more work then Academy´s Stuka .

I don´t fix the fuselage problems , just try to put this together easily . I add the cockpit some home made stuff , like wire´s and styrene bars .

Now the fuselage half´s and the cockpit are ready to paint RLM 66 inside color .

View attachment 16995

View attachment 16996

View attachment 16997

Ju 87 A 3.jpg

dryfit 3.jpg

dryfit.jpg

T

tag

Good luck with the build mate I am doing a 'X' wing 'Stuka' ay the moment sorry I'me no help with your problems though

B

Bunkerbarge

You like your Stuka's then Wolfy? Lovely bit of cockpit detailing but 20 Euro's for a kit with so much to do sounds a bit steep.

By an Airfix one, just as much to do but costs very little!!

W

Wolfy

\ said:
Good luck with the build mate I am doing a 'X' wing 'Stuka' ay the moment sorry I'me no help with your problems though
Thank´s Tony , i need good luck with this one .

W

Wolfy

\ said:
You like your Stuka's then Wolfy? Lovely bit of cockpit detailing but 20 Euro's for a kit with so much to do sounds a bit steep.By an Airfix one, just as much to do but costs very little!!
I bought few boxes ( Stuka ) and then i wanted all variants with this bird . Too bad Special Hobby is the only one in my area anyway , whom has this A-model .

You are right about that Airfix quality :cheesygri . . . . . .

I saw local dealer shop Airfix Stuka and i watch inside the box and it´s just look´s awful but still cost 12 € .

Maybe i should change the scale 1/48 , then there´s Hasegawa and few others . . . but those are spacy , so i do these first , after all have to start somewhere .

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
\ said:
Yes , i saw one WIP and it´s looks suberb , unlike this 1/72:nd scale .
Hi Wolfy:

I have a Hesegawa 1/32 which looks awesome! But, I won't tackle it just yet as I need a few more hours under my belt with seams and roots.

W

Wolfy

\ said:
Hi Wolfy:I have a Hesegawa 1/32 which looks awesome! But, I won't tackle it just yet as I need a few more hours under my belt with seams and roots.
Hasegawa is very good 1/48:nd and 1/32:nd scale . There´s soon ( probably ) coming that Junkers Ju 88 A4 , when that arrives , i´ll think i bought both in 1/32:nd scale : Ju 87 and Ju 88 , until then i´ll do these little one for practise .

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
I have the Dragon ju88a and its a master series! I do have the masks but find it really intimidating with all of the detailed interiors. Will probably start it next spring............

W

Wolfy

\ said:
I have the Dragon ju88a and its a master series! I do have the masks but find it really intimidating with all of the detailed interiors. Will probably start it next spring............
I´ve got Hasegawa 1/72:nd scale Ju 88 A4 waiting , who knows how long . . . :cheesygri

W

Wolfy

Cockpit painted and installed

Cockpit is painted Lifecolor akrylics RLM 66 added white 30% . Seatbelts Humbrol 71 satin , reargunner seat humbrol very thin Humbrol 26 . I wash the whole interior Marie´s oilpaint ochre and black , instrument panel RLM 66 drybrushed with Humbrol 191 silver .

I glued wing´s to the fuselage and have to put quite much filler to hide all the cracks .

View attachment 17033

View attachment 17034

View attachment 17035

View attachment 17036

Kitattu.jpg

mittaristo.jpg

rear pit.jpg

bottom.jpg

W

Wolfy

Long time since last update this Junkers . I broke that canopy and have to wait long long time before get the spare part , but here it is and now start masking the canopy .

View attachment 18428

Montex mask.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just saw this thread,nice going! I'm glad you went with RLM 66 for the interior,I would do the same.

I've got the Revell Ju 88 (BOB) in the stash and that interior is definitely 66 as well.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Steve

W

Wolfy

\ said:
Just saw this thread,nice going! I'm glad you went with RLM 66 for the interior,I would do the same.I've got the Revell Ju 88 (BOB) in the stash and that interior is definitely 66 as well.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Steve
Thank You Steve , those books what i´ve read , all recomend that RLM66 in these early Luftwaffe planes ( Stuka´s anyway ) .

Is your Ju 88 that huge 1/32nd scale plane ? Been watching that box in local shop , didn´t bought that . . yet .

Cheers Wolfy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Wolfy,

yep it's the great big Revell one. Luckily one of the originals was dragged from a lake by our Norwegian friends. Lots of pictures over on Large Scale Planes. Interior is RLM 66. There was a thread running on Luftwaffe interior colours related to the discovery of this and another early war bomber. You would be quite correct about most early bombers - you do see them done in RLM 02 though.

FYI I've had a look at the JU88 (on the sprues) and it looks to be as good as everyone says it is. I don't know what they retail for in Finland but over here they are VERY good value for money!

Maybe your next project!!

Cheers

Steve

W

Wolfy

Hi Stona

That 1/32 scale Junkers cost here 39€ , so it´s very good value of money too . Maybe some day it will find way to my workbench , only that i wait A4 model , that one was our air force use during WW2 .

That would be awesome looking plane , when it´s finished . Like i write earlier , i have 1/72 scale Hasegawa Ju 88 A4 waiting to build up , i´ll practise with that one and maybe someday get this big one .

Cheers

Wolfy

S

stewjw

Hi Wolfy, where did you get the replacement canopy from. I've just done the same but with the Special Hobby 1/48 version of this model. Its been the most difficult model I've attempted so far. I also need to custom make the air brakes but that shouldn't be too difficult.

W

Wolfy

Some progress

I simply bought another A-stuka model , not the cheapest way , but those were sale (10€) , so i think why not . There will be spare parts if something else will be broken .

Here is some progress , landing gears and few air-intakes added to the model .

View attachment 18871

View attachment 18872

A-Stuka 2.jpg

A-Stuka 3.jpg