Junkers Ju 87 G2 "kanonenvogel"

W

Wolfy

\ said:
I wouldn't worry, it still looks good and that wash, especially underneath works really well.I've been waiting for you to remove the masking on the canopy for some time now!
Have to keep those mask´s little awhile longer , plane still missing that mattvarnish . Have to wash upperside again , put some heavy exhaust fumes , then mattvarnish and masking tapes off .

B

Bunkerbarge

I think this looks really good. The huge canopy does it justice and the weathering is just right. I agree it needs a matt finish as a final touch and you should be very proud of your model.

Thanks for sharing the build process with us as well, I've enjoyed watching this.

W

Wolfy

\ said:
I think this looks really good. The huge canopy does it justice and the weathering is just right. I agree it needs a matt finish as a final touch and you should be very proud of your model. Thanks for sharing the build process with us as well, I've enjoyed watching this.
Thank you , i add Microscale micro flat finish , but it´s still looks too shiny , i think i´ll put my humbrol flat on it and see if that change anything .

B

Bunkerbarge

I agree, a big difference. Now it looks superb. Great job and an interesting version of a classic airframe. Put a bit of time and care into the figures it really is worth it in the long run.

I remember as a youngster my 1/72nd figures got a blob of "flesh" on the face and an olive green jump suit with black boots. I was quite pleased as well in those days. Now I try a bit of shading, dry brushing, washes etc and find myself surprised at what you can get into 1/72nd figures. It does depend on the quality of the detail though and really good castings such as Heckler and Goros do make a big difference.

W

Wolfy

\ said:
I agree, a big difference. Now it looks superb. Great job and an interesting version of a classic airframe. Put a bit of time and care into the figures it really is worth it in the long run. I remember as a youngster my 1/72nd figures got a blob of "flesh" on the face and an olive green jump suit with black boots. I was quite pleased as well in those days. Now I try a bit of shading, dry brushing, washes etc and find myself surprised at what you can get into 1/72nd figures. It does depend on the quality of the detail though and really good castings such as Heckler and Goros do make a big difference.
Thank you , i think that Vallejo is my future varnish . These are the first figure´s ever , what i paint , so there´s some learning ahead . I will try to do my best and use lot´s of hour´s to get the best result .

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
brilliant job wolfy,looking forward to seeing the completed model,if you can do 1/72 scale this well ,then 1/32 should be easy for you.:smile1:

W

Wolfy

\ said:
brilliant job wolfy,looking forward to seeing the completed model,if you can do 1/72 scale this well ,then 1/32 should be easy for you.:smile1:
:thanx: yak face . I´ve got plenty of these 1/72nd scale models , before i´ll try bigger scale .