Junkers JU88

P

ping-pong

Hi All,

Right at the end of the build. going to stick the aerial on using a length of cotton. The question i have is what is the best glue to stick it on with.

Thanks for any help on this.

Cheers

Si :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi si, cotton isnt the best thing to use due to it being quite hairy and thick. Fine fishing line or stretched sprue would be a better bet, stick with either superglue or pva, (superglue would be better , but only a tiny drop,and be careful!) cheers tony

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yep what Tony said. Get yourself some cheap low breaking strain fishing line and use superglue to attatch it

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Any views on using stretched sprue for this purpose?

First Name
Dave
If your using fishing line i would use a small blob of superglue gel to secure it to the model.If you use normal superglue and are clumsy like me you risk it running onto areas where you dont want it.

A

andyrobs

Hi, on the fishing theme try bait elastic, available in black and white, nice and fine and stays tight cos its elastic!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Any views on using stretched sprue for this purpose?
I use stretched sprue for aerials and it works fine for me. I all ways save the longest sprues from a kit and in as many colours as I can get. Black ones are good.

A good trick with using sprue is that you do not need to get it 100% tight. Once in place and the glue is dry you can make the sprue shrink back with a little heat. And i mean a LITTLE. Joss sticks are ideal. A heated wire loop does it too. Be warned though if it gets to much heat it will snap on you.

Ian M

P

ping-pong

Ok, im a carp fisherman and have a hell of a lot of line. ill try some six to eight pound breaking strain and see if that looks right. thanks to everyone for their advice. ill post pics of the end result when its done.

Thanks

Si :smiling3:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Simon

Fishing line or monofilament is the way to go but 6-8 lb breaking strain will be too thick try some 2.9 lb.

Vaughan.