JUPITER II LOST IN SPACE MOVIE SHIP.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Coming along nicely mate , I do like those rocks they have an Alien look to them , you're ship is also looking good:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Coming along nicely mate , I do like those rocks they have an Alien look to them , you're ship is also looking good:smiling3:
Cheers mate, still some more highlights to do and the big one to finish painting and then highlight but they look not too bad.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Here is another update.

Have added a lava fall-piece of plastic bottle for the basic shape then clear sealant smoothed off and then coloured in Tamiya clear, built up the cooled areas with smoke effect pigment. Added a three part water base, I wanted a more vivid blueish, this is done in oils, then salt added and white oils, then a silicone coat added, once dry-ish a water gel coat added-this has caused some issues as it isn't curing properly-hopefully time will tell. The steam/bubbling water effect is sealant with salt added then a clear two part epoxy added. Finally some dirty oily/smokey effects on top. The rocks have been highlighted and all fastened to the base. Still some to do on this. Have been talking it over with Alan, as the ship is as big as the base and trying to get it look right is an issue...still working on this.

But here are some piccies so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cheer mate, just hope it dries okay and the ship will fit, if not it is either one of your plans or, it is winging its way to you.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Si,missed a few update post, lov that cliff face is so good, lov all the colors,

you have done very well, ;)

and the colors of the ship are great, you have this sci-fi thing nailed lov it what else can I say :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cheers guys, have just left it to dry so will be checking later to see if cured. A few more bits to do on the rocks and then I need to turn my attention to completing the ship.