Just a mini Vietnam era Diorama......

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Guys,
i thought i`d pop up some pics of progress on my latest Diorama project,several underway at the mo,but i`ve found it helps me to keep the mojo in full flow to have a few various builds going at the same time.
Here i`m just having a bash at a simple,small,base with the following components......
IMG20210509193955.jpg
Nam fig.jpg
nams.jpg
The scenario is probably quite obvious just by looking at the above pics!! Figures are my absolute weak spot in my modelling elements,so i guess by using quite a few on a smallish scene,i`m forcing my arm in improving!! Here`s the progress so far.........
IMG20210509193724.jpg
Running gear sorted,as with all you`ll see here,the base colour is down with some VERY early pigments/blocking in........
IMG20210509193610.jpg
The figures together,(Well,mostly),with a bit of painting achieved. You may have noticed that there`s one missing!!....... However,to allow" top to be stuck to bottom" the little geezer with no legs had to be completed,SO.........
IMG20210509193633.jpg
..... so in he went,for better or for worse!! Now it can be joined up and details added/painted..... but that`s for the next update;)!!
Not exactly mainstream,but any thoughts,hints,tips or plain old abuse very welcome,
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That is very nice Andy...and the figs. are looking rather nice.....are you using acrylics or oils? Rick H.
Thanks very much Rick,
I`m using acrylics.........i`ve dabbled with oils in the past,but never quite grasped them,they are a medium that i`d like to get to grips with at some point mind :thumb2: ,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Chaps,
Well,some progress! The top bit was jammed onto the bottom bit...... some more bits were then added..... and then i shoved some Decals on:thumb2:......
IMG20210511185141.jpg
IMG20210511185122.jpg
IMG20210511185105.jpg
IMG20210511185040.jpg
So,that`s it so far,will get on with the figures now,add the .50 cal and stowage,and then begin the final weathering.......
......OH!...... and start the base of course!!
Thanks for looking in as always,
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

sorry completely missed this. That’s very speedy work indeed and has turned out very well indeed!!

all the best

andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A very early good morning Mr Smith .
Do like the technical "The top bit was jammed onto the bottom bit " speak.:smiling3: Such an eloquent description.
The figures look ok, the drivers esp so. Paint wise I think the tank is top notch .
Love to Rach .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice one Andy, it will be good watching this develop.
Cheers Tim,nice to have you looking in also Sir:thumb2:,Firstly,apologies for not responding to your very kind PM which has a mass of info...... unfortunately i have not had a chance to read it properly yet.... but it`s on my list for tonight,thank you for taking the time to send it to me mate:hugging-face:,
Developments are in progress on this one,but it`s very much a "Little as and when build" due to work at the mo!!
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No probs ref the PM. I just saw it somewhere else and thought you might get some mileage out of it.....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy

sorry completely missed this. That’s very speedy work indeed and has turned out very well indeed!!

all the best

andrew
No need to apologise Andrew!
Nice to see you looking in,it`s been an absolute pleasure to build..... hence the speed...... until work got in the way!;)
Thanks for the kind words...... let`s hope it continues in a similar vein!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice precision work Andy.

Looking forward very much to see how you tackle the diorama.

Laurie
Hi Laurie,excellent to see you Sir:thumb2:,
Thanks very much for that,the Diorama will be a first for me in this theater,i know what i`m wanting the scene to look like,and have ordered several things to help,it`s just....... if i can do it!! :dizzy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A very early good morning Mr Smith .
Do like the technical "The top bit was jammed onto the bottom bit " speak.:smiling3: Such an eloquent description.
The figures look ok, the drivers esp so. Paint wise I think the tank is top notch .
Love to Rach .
Cheers John:thumb2:,
Ya no us down ere mate..... we`re well idiocated wiv the England speak..... in fact sum uv us kin use the nue fingled barterin fing dat is nown as Groats:thumb2:,
The wench says "Thank you Lord",and is doffing her cap and tugging her forelock to you as we speak!!:smiling5:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Now then Guys,it`s been a very slow rate of progress,but it`s getting there!!;)
With this build i have now got to a stage where one thing has to lead to another,the Gunner Figure being a case in point.......
ch20.jpg
That`s `im up there,i`m not very good with figs,but starting to enjoy them more!
:smiling5:After glancing at the book on Patton`s that i posted on "Latest Acquisitions",i realised that the kit idea of adding BOTH 50 cal guns,(Barrel poking out of Copula,and Full on MG sat atop Same Copula),was a no no! They had just the ONE 50Cal,normally in the Copula,but some commanders had them removed,and refitted atop,as the copula was too cramped,armed,(See what i did there?!!:tears-of-joy:),with my new knowledge,i cut off the Copula barrel,drilled out the hole,and painted it up......
:thumb2:;)
ch21.jpg
At the same time i drilled the hole for the new mount,cut off a bit of tube,glued and stuck it in place,at the same time i added some colour for the Vision lenses and the Main gun`s Jacket.You can also see a lot of other stowage bits i`ve whacked on :thumb2:,
Cheers for looking in,i`ll be back with a picture heavy post in about 10 mins!!
Cheers for now ,
Andy

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totally missed this one Smiffy. I will sneak in the back and watch in awe. Great figure work my friend. Keep it comin