Just a mini Vietnam era Diorama......

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.....OKAY THEN...... Ready for this assault on your Peepers?!!........ (I doubt it!!).....:tears-of-joy:
I thought i`d put the "Close ups" first!!:flushed:........
THAT Figure in situ....... which i have to admit wasn`t a doddle!!......
ch13.jpg
The whole thing,(Well,so far),From Right to Left.......
ch5.jpg
Rear end view......
ch17.jpg
Tother side........
ch18.jpg
.....And finally,the business view.........
ch4.jpg
HA!!.... Not too scary yet,HOWEVER,i have more stowage to add,another Tanker figure,and obviously it`ll be more weathered all over!
Currently mind,i`m fairly happy with how it`s going,as always mind,i`m open to all of your thoughts,hints,tips,ideas..... or plain old abuse!!:thumb2:
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good Andy
Cheers Scottie,much appreciated :thumb2: ,
I must admit,it seems rude not calling you "Paul" these days..... HOWEVER,after all the years i`ve "Known you",..... i`ve only just been able to stop putting the old Austin Powers ref i ALWAYS used to use of "DAWG" after your name!!:dizzy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Lovely stuff....the figure was worth the effort!
Thanks very much Tim,
When i got that figure,(Although he was just one of the three i want to use on this build),I instantly wanted to make the most of him;),it just seemed TOO much of a good sculpt to treat casually!
..... and being someone who`s very challenged with painting figures,I`m well chuffed how he turned out..... and fitted in,(Eventually!!),on the build:thumb2:,
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Scottie,much appreciated :thumb2: ,
I must admit,it seems rude not calling you "Paul" these days..... HOWEVER,after all the years i`ve "Known you",..... i`ve only just been able to stop putting the old Austin Powers ref i ALWAYS used to use of "DAWG" after your name!!:dizzy:
Andy
Lol I like the DAWG

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice - wish I could do figures!
Thank you Gerry,
But believe me,just to get to the stage that i`m at now,(and seriously,it`s taken me YEARS of practice),is all down to hints,tips,and friendly advice from people such as are on this site;),
I am by no means at all an accomplished figure painter..... more an Armour Guy who paints tankers/pioneers to populate his Dios,but it`s nice to get better at it,as and when.
All i can say is mate,keep plugging away.... it`s boring advice,but it really is the only way!.... It sure ain`t rocket science.... but it`s a dedicated persuit!!:thumb2:
Andy

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thank you Gerry,
But believe me,just to get to the stage that i`m at now,(and seriously,it`s taken me YEARS of practice),is all down to hints,tips,and friendly advice from people such as are on this site;),
I am by no means at all an accomplished figure painter..... more an Armour Guy who paints tankers/pioneers to populate his Dios,but it`s nice to get better at it,as and when.
All i can say is mate,keep plugging away.... it`s boring advice,but it really is the only way!.... It sure ain`t rocket science.... but it`s a dedicated persuit!!:thumb2:
Andy
Now got some figures to experiment with :thumb2:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
C'mon then Gerry, don't leave us hanging......
.... What ya got?!
Andy
I've got a few Russians (from the kits I picked up a while ago - doubt that I'll need them all for a dio, there's 4 just for the outfit!), three from the schwimmwagen kit (woman, officer/flier(?) and military police(?)) plus the ones from the dio (served their purpose now) and the spare ones that are sat in the 'figure pot', about 5 or 6 of them - some them I won't be using (like the 4 from the BMW kit)

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well done Mr Smith, looking very nice mate :smiling4:

This kit was one of the first I attempted, except mine didn’t turn out as good as yours has!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
A fortnight late in but at my age that's the norm :rolling: - sorry.
Great choice of figures and the ones you have painted look fine. They do fit nicely in/on the Patton. Great looking tank. I'll enjoy watching the rest of this come together.
Jim

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well done Mr Smith, looking very nice mate :smiling4:

This kit was one of the first I attempted, except mine didn’t turn out as good as yours has!
Thanks very much indeed Si!
It`s a great kit isn`t it..... despite it`s age:thumb2:,
Andy
(P.S. I`m sure yours probably did..... you`re just being too kind!!)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
A fortnight late in but at my age that's the norm :rolling: - sorry.
Great choice of figures and the ones you have painted look fine. They do fit nicely in/on the Patton. Great looking tank. I'll enjoy watching the rest of this come together.
Jim
HA! Very good Jim!!
You`re not "Late" Sir.... Just not as early as the others!!:thumb2:
Thanks for the compliment re figures..... they are my weak point! It`s funny how appealing this "Patton",(Or M48),Tank is among modellers,even if it`s not in their usual era of interest!:thinking::cool: ,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Guys,
A brief update will be up and coming ASAP on this,(Just gotta get some pics taken),
I`ve completed the Tank itself with the 3rd figure,stowage and weathering.It`s not a HUNDRED PERCENT done mind,i`m going to leave finishing the tracks and wheels until i do the base.
I got hold of some mesh that served for the Cyclone fencing,and bought plastistrip for the engineering stakes,a myriad of "Jungle plants" from FOG models which i`ve semi painted already...... that`s for later mind...........
I want to explain my thinking,and,more importantly,get your thoughts,on the Patton itself first:thinking::thumb2:,
...... back as soon as poss.......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK Then... Pics of my Patton coming up....
... A LOT of em i`m afraid...
.........started to sort them out,......
......deleted a few and then got bored!!....
........So here`s the rest......and still too many :surprised:!!.........