Just a mini Vietnam era Diorama......

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
...........Sorry,it would appear that the Gods that control our devices have knackered me again!!:worried:
I`ve tried EVERYTHING ,but something has got in and disrupted my phone`s picture abilities!!.....
SUSSED IT!!.... VERY Pic Heavy,my apologies for that!!......
IMG20210611194702.jpg
IMG20210611194714.jpg
IMG20210611194721.jpg
IMG20210611194734.jpg
IMG20210611194814.jpg
IMG20210611194837.jpg

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
........ and a few more!!!:anguished:.....
IMG20210611194950.jpg
IMG20210611195015.jpg
IMG20210611195020.jpg
Apologies for the repetative nature,but it`s very nearly there!
Just to be finished properly when on it`s base..... which is under way...... allbeit very slowly!!
Thanks for looking in,as always,all thoughts/insults very welcomed!!
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
........ and a few more!!!:anguished:.....
View attachment 425992
View attachment 425993
View attachment 425994
Apologies for the repetative nature,but it`s very nearly there!
Just to be finished properly when on it`s base..... which is under way...... allbeit very slowly!!
Thanks for looking in,as always,all thoughts/insults very welcomed!!
Andy
Looking forward to the base Andy, my Vietnam Sheridan has stalled at that stage; I also bought FoG 'jungle foliage' but, to be honest, it hasn't worked for me - I must overcome this lockdown idleness and start work on the paper variants. Good luck, once again looking forward to seeing the end result!
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Love the poses. Snorkle is a great touch, perfect for those sojourns through flooded rice paddies.
Cheers Paul,
The figures leant themselves to this without any alterations really:thumb2:,
The snorkel was a kit provided option,i went with it just to add a little extra "Interest" to the rear :nerd:.
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking forward to the base Andy, my Vietnam Sheridan has stalled at that stage; I also bought FoG 'jungle foliage' but, to be honest, it hasn't worked for me - I must overcome this lockdown idleness and start work on the paper variants. Good luck, once again looking forward to seeing the end result!
Steve
Hi Steve,
The base is going to be a bit of a fight for me i reckon:anguished:,I can see in my mind`s eye what i want to do.......but actually getting it to look like it in reality is a different matter!!:smiling6:
As for the FoG foliage,i see what you`re saying,but i`m hoping i can get it to represent a very dense area.I have one set of lazer cut paper plants which i`ll use in the foreground,but they`re quite expensive,so doing the whole base with them would`ve cost a small fortune!!:dizzy:;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice finish! Love the contrast between the paint sheen and the foliage.
Thanks very much Tim:thumb2:,
I thought i may have over done the foliage a bit:rolling:,but when it`s on the base with all the other "Plants",it shouldn`t stand out so much.....
....... well,that`s the plan!!;)
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve,
The base is going to be a bit of a fight for me i reckon:anguished:,I can see in my mind`s eye what i want to do.......but actually getting it to look like it in reality is a different matter!!:smiling6:
As for the FoG foliage,i see what you`re saying,but i`m hoping i can get it to represent a very dense area.I have one set of lazer cut paper plants which i`ll use in the foreground,but they`re quite expensive,so doing the whole base with them would`ve cost a small fortune!!:dizzy:;)
Andy
I've cheated a little and intend to include a seated Buddha on a stone base to take up a big chunk of real estate! I also have laser-cut foliage (Fredericus Rex) which, as you say, is expensive but hopefully the end result will justify the outlay! The Buddha cost about £3.50 from a 'Mind, Body and Spirit' shop!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've cheated a little and intend to include a seated Buddha on a stone base to take up a big chunk of real estate! I also have laser-cut foliage (Fredericus Rex) which, as you say, is expensive but hopefully the end result will justify the outlay! The Buddha cost about £3.50 from a 'Mind, Body and Spirit' shop!
HA!! What a coincidence!!.......
..... I actually saw a Stone Buddha statue on a base when i was searching FoG Models site for the plants,i considered using one for the same purpose as you!!:dizzy:
I didn`t get one in the end,which i`m glad about now....... it would`ve looked like i nicked your idea other wise!!;)..... I must admit,the do look rather good mind!!
Andy
P.S. Another coincidence..... A Sheridan was going to be my next build!!...... But I recently acquired a "Duster",and i decided to do that instead!

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ooooh NICE!
I saw this last night on my phone but waited to see the pics on the PC- and well worth the wait it is!
Looking forward to the base
Sorry Neil,missed you there!:flushed:
Thank you for that,i`m pleased you like it:thumb2:,i`ve nearly finished the two figures for the base,and am starting to form the contours of said base as we speak:surprised:!!
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andy, just had a "catch up".......last time I visited, you were still painting the Figs. This has gone a long way and just looks the bomb. I'd say you have half the battle won if you can visualize what you want for a base.
I'm looking forward to seeing what develops. Rick H. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Mr Smith, I say looking very smart. Your figures are really good by the way, love the shading on them. Tank looks the Dogs, I can see the Dogs Award Committee having an easy time when you submit this with its base.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
HA!! What a coincidence!!.......
..... I actually saw a Stone Buddha statue on a base when i was searching FoG Models site for the plants,i considered using one for the same purpose as you!!:dizzy:
I didn`t get one in the end,which i`m glad about now....... it would`ve looked like i nicked your idea other wise!!;)..... I must admit,the do look rather good mind!!
Andy
P.S. Another coincidence..... A Sheridan was going to be my next build!!...... But I recently acquired a "Duster",and i decided to do that instead!
Weeell, lets both do it! More than one Sheridan and more than one Buddha in country! OOrah!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, just had a "catch up".......last time I visited, you were still painting the Figs. This has gone a long way and just looks the bomb. I'd say you have half the battle won if you can visualize what you want for a base.
I'm looking forward to seeing what develops. Rick H. :thumb2:
Cheers Rick :thumb2: ,
The base is coming along a bit faster than i expected,and i`m actually rather surprised at the fact that it`s looking something like what i want:dizzy:!!
Andy