Just a teaser Completed

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Turn the heat up Dave...........when I was young living in The Rainy Damp State of Oregon I used to park my fresh painted models on top of the hot water heater for the day........worked every time. Rick H.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It went on well enough John and the surface is nice and smooth. But I think I'm cursed when it comes to painting. Just used some Model Colour in my A/B for the exterior of my van. Then had to spend 40 minutes cleaning my A/B. I found paint everywhere! I thinned it with about 30% Vallejo thinner and gave it a good mix in the cup with a brush. Just before I finished coverage, my A/B got a bit spluttery but I managed to complete the painting.

When I came to clean out my brush I found a thick goopy mass of paint about the consistency of our favourite substance - Marmite (See! Marmite does have it's uses! Even if it's only to describe the consistency of goop!) - in the front of the brush. That's clearly an issue with the paint, but all the rest is down to my A/B!

I found paint all around the outside of the barrel by the trigger; the needle, the trigger itself, the air feed valve from the compressor and the clamping screw for the needle were also covered in paint. I even found paint on the back end of the needle! Even I know that isn't supposed to happen and I had a fairly lengthy conversation here some months ago with a similar issue. There's a seal in the main body of the A/B just in front of the trigger that's supposed to stop paint getting back to the trigger mechanism - obviously it's not working. I'm going to contact John and see if he can get one for me, but I have vague recollections of H&S denying the existence of the seal, or summat.

I think I'm doomed to failure with any tools more complicated than a hammer! Nothing to do with me being a ham fisted oaf - it's the Gods. They just don't like me!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Turn the heat up Dave...........when I was young living in The Rainy Damp State of Oregon I used to park my fresh painted models on top of the hot water heater for the day........worked every time. Rick H.

We've been having a mini heat wave over the last few days - which is why my build has slowed down, it's been just too warm (and it didn't help the other day when my shower broke down. I put the hot water on for a bath instead and found that the only way I could get hot water was if the central heating was turned up full! Something to do with a sticky valve according to the heating engineer) - so I don't think that's the problem Rick.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Morning or good evening Dave.
Paint problem is as strange as this build :tongue-out3:. Very concerned about Chris, is he the one with cabin fever ? Either that or lack of Marmite !:nerd::smiling::smiling2::smiling3:

As to why it's is still tacky, has it gone on well or has the surface pooled ? Could be the plastic, or grease.

I think I'm the one who's supposed to have cabin fever, but don't ask me - my brain's gone ^**(+£$$^??

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It went on well enough John and the surface is nice and smooth. But I think I'm cursed when it comes to painting. Just used some Model Colour in my A/B for the exterior of my van. Then had to spend 40 minutes cleaning my A/B. I found paint everywhere! I thinned it with about 30% Vallejo thinner and gave it a good mix in the cup with a brush. Just before I finished coverage, my A/B got a bit spluttery but I managed to complete the painting.

When I came to clean out my brush I found a thick goopy mass of paint about the consistency of our favourite substance - Marmite (See! Marmite does have it's uses! Even if it's only to describe the consistency of goop!) - in the front of the brush. That's clearly an issue with the paint, but all the rest is down to my A/B!

I found paint all around the outside of the barrel by the trigger; the needle, the trigger itself, the air feed valve from the compressor and the clamping screw for the needle were also covered in paint. I even found paint on the back end of the needle! Even I know that isn't supposed to happen and I had a fairly lengthy conversation here some months ago with a similar issue. There's a seal in the main body of the A/B just in front of the trigger that's supposed to stop paint getting back to the trigger mechanism - obviously it's not working. I'm going to contact John and see if he can get one for me, but I have vague recollections of H&S denying the existence of the seal, or summat.

I think I'm doomed to failure with any tools more complicated than a hammer! Nothing to do with me being a ham fisted oaf - it's the Gods. They just don't like me!
Dave there is inner seal, just inside the front of the AB body. You would need a special tool which is inserted from the rear when the needle assy is removed. A small screwdriver is supposed to work, like those plastic box sets, which contain several different sizes, the one I had I couldn't get the head in further enough to remove the screw. I'll have a look later for the code no of the seals and the tool.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave .
1593696866069.png
The Harder & Steenbeck Needle Seal Tool is specifically designed for the removal & installation of the main needle seal (sometimes referred to as the needle bearing) from your airbrush.

The tip of the tool fits through the needle seal retaining screw & the screwdriver tip engages in it, unscrewing then removes the screw & seal in one operation, the seal keeping the screw in position & preventing it's loss. To refit, the old seal is removed from the tip of the tool & replaced, then the tool is simply re-inserted & the screw tightened. The barrel of the tool is a close fit to the airbrush body which correctly aligns the tool for use & prevents the possibility of cross-threading.

Suitable for;

• Ultra
  • Focus
  • Evolution
  • Evolution Silverline
  • Evolution CRplus
  • Evolution ALplus
  • Grafo
  • Infinity
  • Infinity CRplus

1593697010504.pngSEAL

Needle Seal (123450)
REF: 123450

This is for the Ultra. I don't know which ab you have so check your leaflet that came with it.

If John hasn't got any stock go to .

HTH.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good stuff John, thanks! I'm betting it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg but I'll find out.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good stuff John, thanks! I'm betting it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg but I'll find out.
Not too bad Dave , £ 7.69, £ 1.40 For the seal, pluss postage.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Only the Gods know how you two manage to produce such good results. One thing a modeller needs is patience an' it's clear you two ain't got much! It's either that, or they don't feed you at home!

I only got my A/B sorted a couple of days ago which is what caused the delay. Anyway, just to set your minds at rest, I've spoken to April, an' she'll be ready to start Monday morning at 7:00 o'clock. I'm expecting her to tell me there was a queue waiting when she got there!

Happy now?

PS I did promise a discount for my fellow forum members. Just tell April and you'll get 10% off every time you call.

If you can quote the following reference from memory, your items will be free: 1£@48**23AVWV$~#$6^930!85869*AjbjTSDRVCmuh*7&5<|_532!1!X.

No writing it down - April will be watching!

PPS Chris - you'll have to make do with cheese on your burger. I haven't been able to get hold of any chease. Sorry bud.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I'm expecting her to tell me there was a queue waiting when she got there!
I hope the customers are socially distancing! Have you fitted a perspex screen to keep April safe?
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Dave i think i'll be able to quote the following reference from memory, as i will be wearin my optivisor an it will be in the down postion so i'll be lookin at Aprill through the glass an on the glass i'll have the reference no' wrote down an Aprill wont be able to see that ive got it down so hand over the free burger lol;):hungry::smiling: an no me missus dont feed me only now an again lol ;) :hungry: :hungry:
chris