Karls big bottomed lass for SimonT

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
So inspired by Simons Does my bum look big in this? thread I decided to pick up a similar "Girl in a mech" kit I have been watching for a long while.

It arrived a few days ago and I am quite impressed with the quality of the cast.
IMG_20201102_121017.jpg
And on measuring the pilot it appears to be pretty much 1/35.
IMG_20201102_121027.jpg

Though I have been hit with a double whammy of a burnt out work light and an eye infection so a few days delay while that all gets sorted and I'll start, don't think I'll be going full on red, but then I might, but at least one panel somewhere will definitely be red.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
So now I can see again I made a start on this.
Had to use a cup of hot water to get one of the legs into shape and also need to do the rifle barrel yet, though that may get changed out for a brass rod.
The left hand needs a bit of work, missing two digits at the moment, one was in the bag of parts but I'll have to either scratch a thumb or disguise the fact it's missing.
Have a gap to fill around where the back of the cockpit had to be glued in, it's a shame it had to be cut by the caster but obviously needed to be.
Leaving off the armour plates to attach after painting, I'm thinking of a digital scheme at the moment but that may change once I remember I'm lazy.........
IMG_20201106_121840.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interesting build Karl. Be good to see how this develops.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice start Karl, I'm in.