Karls Tamiya RAF Mustang III (Lee's P-51 GB)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
2020DB.jpg Love it Karl .
I was impressed with both your finish and Flory Washes. Find them good to use with that ability to thin or even remove if not right .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers all, but now in the cold light of day, after my coffee, I realise I haven't attached the pitot, or rear view mirror or even unmasked the landing light...........
Still looks good to me….I never noticed. They are the bits I usually knock off before I get to this stage anyway ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Brilliant Finish Karl. You deserve the Dogs award from the Race Towers. Thanks for joining the GB. We enjoyed watching you build this beautiful bird.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry I'm late to the finish of this Karl. I never would have known that it was missing pieces or had masks to be removed. Hell, I don't even know the difference between a pitot tube and a spittoon. All I see is a fantastic finish, great painting top decals, and a most excellent clear canopy!!! How did you get it to be so clear??? Future???

Prost
Allen

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Sorry I'm late to the finish of this Karl. I never would have known that it was missing pieces or had masks to be removed. Hell, I don't even know the difference between a pitot tube and a spittoon. All I see is a fantastic finish, great painting top decals, and a most excellent clear canopy!!! How did you get it to be so clear??? Future???

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen, no treatment on the canopy, just kept it in the bag until the last moment then masked it as soon as possible. Liquid mask left a bit of a residue so that was rubbed at a bit with my thumb.
I am tackling a canopy with polish soon though.