Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR

R

Richy C

Hello gents , seeing we have not had had a bike build for a while thought I would start this , its been in the stash for a while but I think I`m ready for it now ? with the kit I`m using the tamiya add on forks and the scale motorsport nickle pe and cf decals , with the pe I will only use the bits that look better than the kit unless I cockup then I will use the bits from the kit LOL , as for the cf decals this is the bit thats a bit daunting for me but I do have lots of micro sol and set plus another 2 packs of decals that I knicked from my F1 kits if things go belly up.

Advice along the way would be very much appriciated as this is only my 2nd bike build

Paints used will be :- Halfords primer Grey & White , Zero Mica Green , black & zero clearcoat for bodywork , Alclads for the exhaust and rad etc , the rest will be done using tamiya & vallejo`s.

Although this is not a blog I will post up photos as I go , wish me luck guys got my work cut out with this one , plan to prime tomorrow when I get in from work.

Richy

View attachment 30131View attachment 30128View attachment 30130View attachment 30127

View attachment 30129

View attachment 35334

View attachment 35335

View attachment 35336

View attachment 35337

View attachment 35338

IMG_5696.jpg

IMG_5697.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Richard great kit I've buit 2 and they go together rather nicely. I think I've still got a few ref pics if ya need and heres the ones I did a while back

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/other-models/7657-1-12-scale-zxrr-super-upgrade-detail-kit.html

looking forward to seeing this go together

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Richy, I thought that you were going to build this in the Biker build off in the SIG Group build, but if things got in the way....

Anyway, look forwards to seeing kermit roll out.

Ian M

R

Richy C

Your Ninjas look fantastic Trey , don`t know how I missed your builds - had this in the stash for a long time and would have followed your progress all the way but I was awol a few months back for about 3-4 months when I was selling up and moving , I`m sure I will be picking your brains at some stage if thats ok mate.

Hi Ian as above I was out the game for a while and I`m well out of sink with all the different group/SIG builds, , plus with money being tight I`m trying to work with what I have in the stash , I have a dragon firefly on the go at the moment but needed something different to get stuck into also so dug the Ninja out , I know theres a photo build coming up or already started if its the latter I will see what I can do and jump in .

No photos worth showing at the moment but the kit has been primed up with Halfords grey and the bodywork with Halfords white.

Cheers

Richy

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Richy ,anything I can do to help just let me know.Really is nice to see more Moto builds !

R

Richy C

View attachment 30779View attachment 30781View attachment 30780View attachment 30782Little update , biggest result is I was was messing about with my old canon powershot camera and think I`ve sussed the macro thingy magigy thing , sadly for me it means everyone can see everything close up , as for the model I`m plodding along , tried a bit of upholstery with the seat area which I`m happy with , only issue so far was the green decals around the the wheel rims - rears were fine but the fronts were a mare - not perfect but think I`ve got away with it ?

Cheers Richy

RichyView attachment 30778

View attachment 35889

View attachment 35890

View attachment 35891

View attachment 35892

View attachment 35893

IMG_5701.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5755.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

R

Richy C

Don`t know what happened there , sorry , on my old compter and it would not let me arrange photo`s like I normaly do ,

Richy

S

Sky Raider

Looking good Richy, i remember my Ninja, loved every minute of riding it. Well done, the seat looks cool, so do the wheels.

Cheers

Andy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
That seat looks comfy Richy, nice looking build so far mate.

Have fun, John

B

Bunkerbarge

Nice to see a Tamiya bike going together, not seen one for a while. Details are looking good so far with the engine looking particularly effective and the foam seat sets it apart from the others.

T

treyzx10r

Do'nt you just love the rim decals lol! They were the worst part for me yours look fine and the build is coming along nicely keep the pics comin',