Kawasaki, Z400GP, Aoshima. 1/12 scale

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
sorry for lack of updates..........struggle to find motivation some days, then when i do i just want to put it together instead of taking pics

got this far and now im stuck

the green im using for the body work is a bugger to spray......cos its vallejo game, its meant for hard wearing figures, it has extra resin in the mix to make it hard wearing.....also makes getting the thinning ratio and spraying a pain!.....body works in the brake fluid to strip it off and start again

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking good so far .......... Dont give up on the bodywork !

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
sorry for lack of updates..........struggle to find motivation some days, then when i do i just want to put it together instead of taking pics

got this far and now im stuck

the green im using for the body work is a bugger to spray......cos its vallejo game, its meant for hard wearing figures, it has extra resin in the mix to make it hard wearing.....also makes getting the thinning ratio and spraying a pain!.....body works in the brake fluid to strip it off and start again

That’s looking very good Paul. Every time I see a bike build it sets me off….I’m going to have to build another one soon…..
Did you know Vallejo also do a “game air” range, by the way? It’s the same range of colours, but designed for airbrushing, just like the model/model air ranges.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
starting to look a bit more like a bike now

2 coats of green, 2 coats of clear

hopefully the rest of its not going to take long......all the bits are painted, just need assembling and decals adding

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
got to say this is the worst Aoshima kit ive done.......must be quite an old one cos its just not going together as well as the rest.......still having fun with it, just trying not to feck it up at the final hurdle

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Despite the kit's shortcomings and the paint issues it's looking very good.