SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Kawasaki Z750 ZII by Aoshima 1/12 scale

interesting kit

Aoshima make a kit which can be marketed as the 750 and the 900
they make an updated one simply by adding another sprue to the box
they then do a 'custom' one simply by adding another sprue
they then do this version from a Japanese anime by simply adding another couple of sprues

so what you end up with is a box full of sprues!!!......with lots and lots of surplus parts that can be swopped about

from what i can see theres 2 x sets of wheels, 2 seats, 2 x sets of forks, 2 x sets of brake discs and suspension and even carbs, at least 5 x handlebars from pullbacks to stock to straight to drops, 3 x front fenders and 2 x rears, 2 x silencer set ups, plus all sorts of different covers for the engine

my plan is to do a sort of restomod style cafe racer like on the box but not with the Bosozoku silencer but i do like the can so it might get cut and shut to something more normal

the one good thing.....no chrome sprue!......so no need to strip it in the first place lol

no idea as to the colour, i hope ive got some Kawasaki green cos that would look nice, failing that im going to have to look up what colours they did come in back in the day......certainly is not going to be brown like on the box!! (which was a standard colour as i remember)

dscf8310.jpg
dscf8311.jpg
dscf8312.jpg
dscf8313.jpg
dscf8314.jpg
dscf8315.jpg
dscf8316.jpg
dscf8317.jpg
dscf8318.jpg

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Just finished the zephyrs custom model was the same loads of extra sprue and handy spare part the standard kit i built at the same time was very brittle and i needed a few parts.... kept all the spares might be handy one day.... good luck with your build i will keep an eye out for up dates simon

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just finished the zephyrs custom model was the same loads of extra sprue and handy spare part the standard kit i built at the same time was very brittle and i needed a few parts.... kept all the spares might be handy one day.... good luck with your build i will keep an eye out for up dates simon

its the one good thing about Aoshima, value for money......picked up the Honda Steed kit recently..........bits to build it in 3 very different versions!!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
end is in sight....headlamp and TSLs and a few bits and bobs.......decals......ive just been making a UK number plate for it

the exhaust was a bugger to cut and shut......took out 20mm from the pipe which got rid of the upsweep of the Bozuko style exhaust

dscf8410.jpg

i keep saying theres plenty of spare parts in the box cos of all the options.....this is whats left over!

box_110.jpg