Keep those cowlings in place.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Ever wondered how to keep those big cowlings firmly in place ? well I have just about tried everything in my endeavours to solve this problem,finally I have come up with a tried and tested fix which is so easy-

The inner Sullivan snake rod that have the fluted infrastructure is the base material,cut off a few pieces about half an inch long,next hold the first piece in a pair of pliers and heat up a piece of round metal ( thick piano wire will do ) which has had the end tapered,plunge this into one end of the plastic which will bell off the end ( this stops it being pushed right inside your model ),next pierce one hole into the fuselage where the fixer is required and fix in place with medium cyno,push the fluted part into the balsa quickly and you will not be able to move it.

Fix cowls with servo screws,they will really bite and lock into the plastic and virtually vibration proof-problem solved.

If you remove the screws at a later date,dont forget the old dodge,before you screw them in again,go anti-clockwise first to locate the original thread,otherwise you just keep re-cutting different threads.