Kelly's Heroes Busts for Steve

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard. This one went under the radar for a while.

Jim - He cleaned up OK, thankfully. After a bit of sanding and scalpel work I Just had to repair the dog tag chain with scrap resin. He's ready for paint:

100_3507.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter I’m sure your talents will over come a bad casting no problem for you my friend

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Glad he cleaned up OK, I think I would have returned him.....
Looking forward to paint now....hope he’s not too stressful though, some bits still look a little rough.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi chaps.

I think it will be OK now (bar the painting of course). Need to study some photos of the man himself now.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Glad I found this thread Peter… Your painting skills are bringing these characters to life once again… Looking forward to seeing them all finished and next to each other,,, makes me want to search Netflix for Kelly’s heroes

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter, err nearly afternoon!

I have never been a marathon runner, I have the build of a prop forward, sadly!

Your repair work to Joe looks spot on, all the under chin mould rash, nose, ear, eye and dog tags and that's just what I can see from the photos

Well done Peter, you really have given him a good brush up, Thank you

Anna has gone out for the first time since I came back from hospital on the 21st.

I have a very long list of ""busy"" work to keep my mind off escape or doing anything silly!

She has been fussing all morning before she left, to make sure I wasn't going to ?????? as soon as she walked out of the door!

The paint work for Joe is going to be fascinating to see, hopefully no more surprises?

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Joe - Thanks for looking in. 'Kelly's Heroes' seems to have been on TV almost daily here in the UK over the festive period.

Steve - Home alone! No climbing into the attic now.

OK, Joe's face:

100_3508.JPG100_3509.JPG100_3510.JPG

This was one almighty struggle. As mentioned above, the casting isn't the best, the result being that lots of odd lumps and bumps appeared during painting. I decided to give him a cigarette, as the lower lip was a bit distorted where I'd removed a lump of mould debris.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You've certainly made a wonderful job of a difficult sculpt. I hope things get easier for you soon on this project. Are there any more busts to do with the film??

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Steve - This is it for the Mitches busts, but I've seen more by other manufacturers, mainly Oddball.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter

Just catching up on all of the postings I have missed. You have done a good job of these, especially like 'Otto', I think the likeness of the bust is better than the likeness of Clint, but that does not detract from your painting. Looking foreard ot how Telly S will get on.

I guess I'm not the only one who recorded the film over Christmas!

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Peter

I agree that Karl Otto is the best likeness. Telly should be finished tomorrow, then they're off to their owner, Steve H.

D

Durk

Hi Peter, just caught up with this thread. So great to see your work again, suitably impressed with your work on these busts:thumb2:. Must say that I have the feeling that you have even further refined your skills, after not looking at any for a year:flushed:! Did you add a bit more "red-browninsh" tints to your face painting palette? Love the work on the black panzer jacket!

Cheers
DIRK

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter,

OK, Joe is stunning, both your painting and tenacity are top notch, and I know Joe has been a serious challenge, which you are winning.

I am certainly a very happy bunny with all 4 of the busts, I never thought, they would see paint, certainly not at my hand.

They are super and will be an inspiration to build the Tiger and M4A3 Sherman this year.

My preferred scenario is the pink paint shell up the rear in the back alley.

I have both the T34 bottom and tiger top, just need to find a suitable M4A3 76mm Sherman.

It looks like another cool grey day here, hopefully better for you.

Have a good day with the paint and weekend too

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Dirk - So nice to hear from you. I think the only real difference to the flesh tones is that I'm adding more white to the highlights - more or less pure white in some areas. I am also using Vallejo Dark Red and Black Red instead of Leather brown to deepen the flesh tones, which has probably helped alter the overall effect.

Steve - As long as you're happy, and if it has given you inspiration to start building again, I'm doubly happy.

Jason - Also very nice to hear from you. Glad you like Telly so far.

Andy - Thanks. Group shot in a while, but first here's the finished Big Joe bust:

100_3512.JPG100_3514.JPG100_3515.JPG

Bit rough in places due to the rough casting, but I think he'll do. Stand by for the group shot. Anon.....