Kelly's Heroes........ "Oops!" Oddball's big, but very colourful, mistake!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I first had a stab at the iconic scene way back in 2014, where Oddball and his crew sneak up behind a Tiger..... only to hit the tank with a shell loaded with pink paint!

I was pulled up with the original because I forgot to include the tree that stopped the Tiger's turret from turning thru 180 degrees to get a shot at Oddball's Sherman.

Most of the original model is long gone, so I've finally got around to making another and included a tree.

Here is my final attempt and the one and only picture I've taken.

P1250180.JPG

I hope you will go along with what is, I suppose a bit of post New Year 'Silliness'

Cheers all.
Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Genius!

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Ron very good idea remember the wall the other side where barrel hits it, I'm halfway through doing the same build but with Toon tanks.
Pete.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NICE ONE Ron I thought this a very funny moment in a brillikant film must have watched it 20 times an I never get fed up with it an oddball was like Pete bonkers in a nice sort of way brilliant film an I like the bit where one of them says ive found a mine an they ask what sort it is an he says the sort that blows up nearly split my sides laughin:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:
chris

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Nice one Ron

Does the Tiger have a T34 tub and running gear?

One of my favourite films and on my build list.

I was lucky enough to have the 4 main characters in 1:10 busts painted by Mr Day.

They grace my desk and oversee my daily work LOL

Looks good Ron

Steve H

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice one Ron

Does the Tiger have a T34 tub and running gear?

One of my favourite films and on my build list.

I was lucky enough to have the 4 main characters in 1:10 busts painted by Mr Day.

They grace my desk and oversee my daily work LOL

Looks good Ron

Steve H
STEVE could you post some pics of the four main characters busts as I hav'nt seen peter work on them ?
chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Talkin about the film of kellys heros now in the scene of where the tigers tanks are seen now has anybody noticed the tracks on the tiger tanks don't look like they are metal but to me they look like canavas or is it me ? over to you tank exsperts
chris

D

Deleted member 7237

Talkin about the film of kellys heros now in the scene of where the tigers tanks are seen now has anybody noticed the tracks on the tiger tanks don't look like they are metal but to me they look like canavas or is it me ? over to you tank exsperts
chris
Hi Chris.
The Tiger used in the film were actually Russian T-34 which had been specially modified to look like Tigers this is apparent when you look at the suspension of the tank (T-34s used a modified Christie suspension, where's the Tigers wheels were much more elaborate.
Pete.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
thanks guys but im on about the actual tracks ? were they canvas or a poor metal ?
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Look like standard metal T34 links to me
OK simon if you think they were but i'll have better look as I have just ordered the film kellys heros with where eagle's dare on the same dvd an I will watch again from ebay
chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hang on chaps.
I don't wish to come over all 'Snotty', a miserable old git and even public enemy No.1, but can you open a separate thread about what was or wasn't in the film?

Thus leaving the thread clear for anyone who possibly might want just post about the model.

Thanks.
Aristotelis 'Telly' Savalas

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers Chris, and thanks for your understanding..... :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hang on chaps.
I don't wish to come over all 'Snotty', a miserable old git and even public enemy No.1, but can you open a separate thread about what was or wasn't in the film?

Thus leaving the thread clear for anyone who possibly might want just post about the model.

Thanks.
Aristotelis 'Telly' Savalas
Cheers Chris, and thanks for your understanding..... :thumb2:

SORRY Ron got a bit carried away an back to your dio what scale is the tiger ?
an very nice build too
chris