Kfz 221 interior?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
im confused as to the correct colour the interior of this armoured car is

Instructions say off white but I would think this would not be correct so in trying to find out ive scoured the net to see and the only reference I can find is of models which is showing the off white colour but som have shown it in dark grey and ive even seen and olive grey one ,

This pic is from one of my reference books and it clearly shows that in this case the interior of tanks were dark grey so would this be the case with armoured cars View attachment 105460

ironically this book is about Stalingrad the period im doing for my dio
image.jpg

D

dubster72

Hmm I'm always wary of colour pictures from ww2. Alan, because they're often retouched & consequently inaccurate.

However, for the interior of your 221 the colour would be dark grey in that time frame. The practice of painting the turret insides with ivory ceased when it became clear that it was visible from the air.

S

Sean Tighe

What the photo shows is the interior of the hatch is in the exterior colour.

Interiors were for the most part Ral 1001. thats an ivory/cream white shade.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Alan the only thing I can suggest is to visit Toadman tanks, there are a few pics of an sdkfz 222.

These show the interior and the colours,hope this helps.

First Name
Robert
From ref I found that agreeing with Sean the tanks and armoured cars left the factory with a white cream interior and the hatches were painted light grey as to open them at dusk would give them away. Interior lighting was poor and so the White cream showed more interior light but cordite smoke from shells left the interior looking very grey and "sooty" ( not the puppet)

Thanks Robert

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks looks like I have a choice too choose from :smiling3: