Kirin 120mm German Stormtrooper WW1

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Back from hols and time to shake out the hairy sticks.

My next figure will be another one of Richard's, Kirin's 120mm German Stormtrooper:

100_2561.JPG

Richard had started this, then stripped it down, so the basics were done. The grenade paniers didn't fit very well, so I had to add extra material made from metal foil to bulk them out. I also didn't like the look of the face, so I've swapped the head for a Reedees one with a putty moustache added.

Extras will include a Jon Smith gas mask. These are excellent, being supplied with clear eye glass and a respirator that actually screws on to the mask. I may also include the two huge Verlinden rats on the base.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
hi Peter
Hope you had a good break. Bring on the rats.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great, a new one to follow....big question is though, Rattus Rattus or Rattus Norvegicus?
Cheers
Tim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you back at the bench Peter. I hope you enjoyed your time away. Good luck with the stormtrooper:thumb2:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hey rejoice Peters back!!.
Missed your builds Peter.Hope the break was good mate.I really enjoyed the fossil hunting show with Dan snow other day.Somebody found a huge shark tooth near Clacton pier the other day!!.Megalodon possibly but unlikely.
Good to see you back Peter.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Chaps

I've already hit problems with this one. It will need a lot more work to get it into a paintable state than I thought, so I'll think I'll start on something else in the meantime. Look out for an Ardennes thread.

Richard - We were at Charmouth on the afternoon that the BBC were setting up. We didn't stay to watch the proceedings, but did go off with quite a good haul of fossils. That part of the world is my idea of paradise - so beautiful, and so much to see. Spent the last evening sitting on the beach with my wife, looking at the moonlight reflected on the water and watching the stars come out one by one......