Kirin: Too good to be true?

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
This has popped up on E-bay.
A set of two Royal Marines but......at that price are they recasts do you think?
If they're genuine I'd be in like Flint but don't want to do business with people ripping other people's work off.
Screenshot_2020-04-09-14-27-28.png

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What's his feedback like? I'd say go for it if he's got good feedback from selling lots of model stuff. If his feedback isn't for models, probably best to leave it. He may well be a genuine seller, but if he's not knowledgeable about models, he may have bought a knock-off copy without knowing.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
This seller seems Kosher from the feedback and to be honest I'd pay twice the postage for these two.I've always regretted not getting them when they were out first time around.
I think I'll go for it and if they do turn out to be recasts I'll let the forum and Ebay know.
Thanks for the advice.
Jon.

D

Deleted member 4539

Message the seller and ask if the item comes in the original box.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4539

Just looked at the site and I reckon these are definately recasts.
only stock photos shown and claims to have sold 8 makes me wonder about originality.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Cheers Ralph.The seller points out that the box is missing but original building guide.That,apart from the price,had me wondering.
The seller is ebaobao2018 and there are dozens of good reviews but I'm an Ebay virgin.
Hope you're ok during the lockdown especially as there's no close season anymore.
Jon.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
This has popped up on E-bay.
A set of two Royal Marines but......at that price are they recasts do you think?
If they're genuine I'd be in like Flint but don't want to do business with people ripping other people's work off.
View attachment 380125
At 12.99 postage - no way, save your money.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Cheers Ralph.The seller points out that the box is missing but original building guide.That,apart from the price,had me wondering.
The seller is ebaobao2018 and there are dozens of good reviews but I'm an Ebay virgin.
Hope you're ok during the lockdown especially as there's no close season anymore.
Jon.
Jon,
I bought some figures that I could not get anywhere for my Comet build - they were horrendous copies. Just had a full refund for a WW1 tank that i ordered in December from Tiawan. My advice, be very carefull. You could possibly convert some of the British WW2 figures as a starting point, be a lot cheaper.
Mike.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I just searched for that seller Jon, and found one of that name with only 6 transactions in the last 12 months and only one item for sale.
I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.
Pete

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Thanks chaps.
Ebay is a new thing for me so I'm feeling my way around.I've ordered these now so I'll have to wait and see.If they turn out to be recasts then at least they're not ripping off current manufacturers.
Jon.

D

Deleted member 4539

Jon.
Cheers John.
Driving me mad not going fishing.the main place I fish is closed anyway.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
This seller seems Kosher from the feedback and to be honest I'd pay twice the postage for these two.I've always regretted not getting them when they were out first time around.
If it’s figures of British Marines in the Falklands in general that you’re after, Black Dog has some too.

I’ve got a four-figure set of all of these, and though I haven’t built them, I quite like them. (I bought the set because I wanted the Argentine one, to put on top of an LVTP-7 someday, but the four-figure set was on sale so it was about as expensive to get that as any two of the figures :smiling3:).