Kit production

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Nice to see an actual mould. As daft as it sounds I knew the theory but had never seen one.
There’s an episode of How It’s Made that shows the Heller factory producing a few different kits, including showing moulds and how they’re actually used. Of course, finding that particular episode may be a bit difficult :smiling3:

Looking for it now, I can’t find it, but there is a good YouTube video about how Bandai makes gundam kits:

Not the greatest quality, but you can see the whole process. Or much the same at Zvezda:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
There’s an episode of How It’s Made that shows the Heller factory producing a few different kits, including showing moulds and how they’re actually used. Of course, finding that particular episode may be a bit difficult :smiling3:

Looking for it now, I can’t find it, but there is a good YouTube video about how Bandai makes gundam kits:

Not the greatest quality, but you can see the whole process. Or much the same at Zvezda:

Thanks Jakko. Will have a look later.

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
The part of the Gundam video showing the mould polishers at work brings back memories of when I did some mould polishing for my uncle in a freezing cold barn on a farm in the middle of nowhere. I had to use extremely fine grade sanding sticks as I couldn't be trusted with the rotaries!

Happy days!