Knocked out Panzer IV......Part 3 - Winter, Eastern Europe.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here is the final part of three featuring a 1/35 destroyed Panzer IV.

Destroyed in late Autumn of 1941 during 'Barbarossa', the poor thing never had a chance to even put on some white wash!

The lads have found it during the German retreat and are using it for cover. That's my story and it's also my model. - So there! ;)

I need the tank for a future project and it needs to stay in it's camouflage colours. So rather than use 'permanent snow', necessitating a re-paint, I sprinkled the whole thing with Self Raising Flour. (Plain Flour works just as well!)

The figures are 'Dug out from the loft) Master Box.

The building is from an old diorama and is made from a polystyrene pizza base ( I can't get the bases anymore, so these days I have to spend valuable beer tokens on foam board :sad:)
The ground and debris are just bits and bobs, including cocktail sticks and elec. wire.

P1290969.JPG

P1290973.JPG

P1290970.JPG

P1290968.JPG

P1290937.JPG

P1290936.JPG

P1290939.JPG

P1290942.JPG

P1290943.JPG

P1290945.JPG

P1290948.JPG

P1290952.JPG

P1290954.JPG

P1290957.JPG

P1290956.JPG

There you go. North Africa, Western Europe and Russia. One well travelled bit of armour......
It was fun using the same model and I hope you approved of the three builds.

Thanks for looking.
Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
'ey up Ron! I thought you said you was swanning off around the country with the missus! Did I read it wrong or 'ave you bin an' gone an' come back?

Anyroad, that's yet another great set of combined builds you've done. Are you gonna keep us in suspenders about what you're using this for next, or are you gonna give us a hint?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well up to your usual standards 570 I think with all the flour, if you were to crack an egg, sprinkle some salt and just add water.....we could all have a biscuit when she comes out of the oven! :thumb2: ;)
Cheers Mate, it's been a long journey. Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Top notch work as always and best of all the dio is partially edible!!! Food and modelling in one hit. What's not to like.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Okay Ron you can breath now and switch on the fan...nice shots and it looks cold. The kneeling guy must have a heck of a chilly draft between his legs with that crack. :smiling6: Very nice trilogy...missed out the Pacific though...perhaps the Japanese doing trials with one of these. I know the Panzer 1 was used, not sure if it was by the Japanese or the Chinese early on in the war.

Well travelled Panzer IV so looking out for where it's heading next...not the oven I hope. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 greetings .
I hope the flour was gluten free or I can't have any cake that Jim mentioned.
Anyway we thought you'd gone walk about ?
Yours Frank Warburton.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant, positive and humorous posts chaps. Thank you.
It's great to be back with all my bonkers mates on here!

Re. walkabout. Once I've cut the lawn, emptied the letter box and rubbed yet more butter on the dog's ever growing boil, I hope to get away sometime quite soon.

The kneeling guy must have a heck of a chilly draft between his legs with that crack.
Cheers,
Richard

Sorry, Richard, but wrong yet again.... ;)

You see, it's not a crack, but the zip on a special one piece suit which Hans is testing. If it proved to be a good idea, full scale production would have begun.
The soldiers of the Wehrmacht all entered a competition to name the suit. Hans suggested a 'Onezee', and won! The idiot. What a stupid name. It will never catch on!

Unfortunately, the Popovs captured Hans and claimed any copyright on the suit, so the Germans were unable to go ahead with making them.

Thanks again to all for all the diverse and interesting observations etc.

Cheers.
Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Love this Ron (and all the others). Gives me something to aspire to