Kressy's Hasegawa 1/48 109 F4 GB Build.

K

Kressy_13

Hi all, long time no see. Hope all have been well. Been a while since I was able to do anything with moving house twice and not having internet. Finally got my desk set up and am ready to make something ( as opposed to just buying kits).

Hopefully this should be an easy build to get back into it. The kit decals have yellowed so I went for some aftermarket ones. Have decided I'd like to do the shown scheme. Something a bit different. Only problem being that's the only image they give you. No idea what the other side of the fuselage or the top of the wings looks like. Any help or pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks from down under.

Hasegawa Bf109F4.JPG

DSC_0621.JPG

Last edited:
K

Kressy_13

Thanks papa. It's good to be back into it. That's awesome Joe. Thanks mate. I must have been looking for the wrong thing  xD

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice choice of kit mate- I did the F-4 version a few years ago on Marseille's aircraft. These kits are shake and bake kits that fall in place really easily. This one won an award at the aussie model expo a few years ago- the results are really easy to attain on this kit due to simple engineering. 

Cheers, John

My 1:48 Bf 109F-4.png

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I see that you have just started this one Kresten, We have an Aircraft GB starting very soon and it looks like the poll winner will be a 109. If you like to wait until Saturday you might waht to join in the fun on there with this. (have you voted in the poll?)

K

Kressy_13

If I can do that then that would be great. I'll not do any more till then. Hahaha. Yea, I voted for the P-47. Are you able to move the thread or would you like me to start a new one?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can move this one for you and edit these bits out. The only reason I suggest this is as you have barely started, and you have infact started it after the official start date for the GB. Shoot me I'm feeling generous.. :P

K

Kressy_13

I can move this one for you and edit these bits out. The only reason I suggest this is as you have barely started, and you have infact started it after the official start date for the GB. Shoot me I'm feeling generous.. :P

Hahaha. Well I better take that generosity while it lasts  :P thanks mate.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
These are in the public domain.

Bf-109F4-9_JG3-bY4+Ih-Eberhard-von-Boremski-WNr-13220-Zhuguyev-Russia-May-1942-03.jpg

1-Bf-109F4-9.JG3-mY4+Ii-Eberhard-von-Boremski-WNr-13220-Zhuguyev-Russia-May-1942-04.jpg

4e6ec5dd893e674f2c9fda3aadb9636b.jpg

For me Eagle Editions does the best interpretation.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Can you imagine people being so relaxed around a modern day fighter ?

In a word, yes. Quite often some of us lineys would sunbath on the wings of our Nimrods when on detachment. I recall a time in Benbecula while recovering a u/s SeaKing making the teas using the on board water heater when a random lady poked her head in the door asking to have a look around the cab. She was astonished to find me making a brew while the inside of the cab was strewn with tools and removed parts, not to mention the half naked airmen getting changed...including me!

Last edited by a moderator:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
In a word, yes. Quite often some of us lineys would sunbath on the wings of our Nimrods when on detachment. I recall a time in Benbecula while recovering a u/s SeaKing making the teas using the on board water heater when a random lady poked her head in the door asking to have a look around the cab. She was astonished to find me making a brew while the inside of the cab was strewn with tools and removed parts, not to mention the half naked airmen getting changed...including me!

I am actually pleased to read that. I thought things would all be a bit 'stuffy' these days.

K

Kressy_13

Thanks for the pics Steve. I must have been looking for the wrong thing. Hahaha. Thanks for the support folks. Hopefully do this kit justice.