Kressy's Hasegawa 1/48 109 F4 GB Build.

K

Kressy_13

Well got the cockpit together. Need to work on my paint chipping but will do for now. Was going to try make some seatbelts to jazz it up a bit then remembered I had this pe seatbelt set. Just have to try and fit/paint them now.

DSC_0652.JPG

DSC_0651.JPG

DSC_0650.JPG

DSC_0648.JPG

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice work so far, but don't forget that Eduard do really nice pre painted ones, that save you a ton of trouble

John

K

Kressy_13

They do some nice belts. Thanks for the idea John, have ordered some pre painted ones. Will use them if I can't paint the ones I already have. Never painted PE before so will see how I go.  :P

Have also been looking at pics online and found a rather prominent yellow pipe that runs through the cockpit so will try make something up to resemble that as well.

Last edited:
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

They do some nice belts. Thanks for the idea John, have ordered some pre painted ones. Will use them if I can't paint the ones I already have. Never painted PE before so will see how I go.  :P

Have also been looking at pics online and found a rather prominent yellow pipe that runs through the cockpit so will try make something up to resemble that as well.

Be careful about the Fuel line and museum pics- museum aircraft can be notoriously inaccurate.

HOwever, looking at my sources, I am pretty sure it does have a fuel line. Making it out of styrene strip rod is ideal- Source some evergreen rod and melt it over a candle to the point that it is bendy and form it into the right shape.

Last edited:
K

Kressy_13

Thanks for that John. I tried stretching some spare to make it but just ended up making a big mess. Hahaha. Have used some electrical wire and painted that. Looks ok. Will see once I get lots the PE belts and refit the cockpit.

K

Kressy_13

Hi mates.

The PE belts arrived so have put them together and have installed the pit. The fuel line might be a bit big but I'm happy with the look. Need a bit of practice bending the belts to look more realistic. Needed some filling around the cowling. Pretty sure it was operator error though and not the fault of the kit.

Cheers.

DSC_0656.JPG

DSC_0655.JPG

DSC_0654.JPG

B

Builder

Great work on the cockpit there Kresten, did well on painting all those dials, and the side detail. 

K

Kressy_13

Thanks for the nice comments mates. Have got a bit more done tonight. Looking like a 109 now. Got a question about the landing flaps and the part of the flap behind the radiators. When extended are the interior bits in RLM 02 or the camo colour? Is this the same for the leading edge slats as well?

Cheers.

DSC_0657.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
When extended are the interior bits in RLM 02 or the camo colour? Is this the same for the leading edge slats as well?

According to the paint call outs in the Revell kit Yes they are RLM 02, both parts.

K

Kressy_13

Thanks Ian. Hopefully have this primed in the next couple of days. Not sure how I'm going to paint it as most of the marking walk around I've seen show the camo differently. 

K

Kressy_13

Well the primer has gone on and have applied some pre shading to it. I'm certainly out of practice with the airbrush  :P  Looking forward to getting some colour down and trying to mask up the different camo. 

Cheers. 

DSC_0685.JPG

K

Kressy_13

Thanks papa. Well got the RLM04 ID band and identification markings on. Will mask up tomorrow and get the underside colour on. I've decided to go with the eagle editions marking instructions. Only thing I'm not sure about is the underside colour. The instructions say RLM 78, just not sure if that's right.

Cheers.

DSC_0686.JPG

B

Builder

Looking good Kresten, hope that preshading comes through mate. 

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
 Will mask up tomorrow and get the underside colour on. I've decided to go with the eagle editions marking instructions. Only thing I'm not sure about is the underside colour. The instructions say RLM 78, just not sure if that's right.

View attachment 263687

RLM 78 was the topical underside colour, so would be correct, assuming this aircraft was originally finished in the tropical scheme.

Cheers

Steve

K

Kressy_13

Thanks Steve, it was originally in the trop scheme then sent to the eastern front. I'm using the AK interactive RLM colour sets for the paint and so far I'm not liking them. Keep blocking up the airbrush no matter how much I thin them.

Cheers.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Thanks Steve, it was originally in the trop scheme then sent to the eastern front. I'm using the AK interactive RLM colour sets for the paint and so far I'm not liking them. Keep blocking up the airbrush no matter how much I thin them.

Cheers.

I highly recommend Gunze Mr Hobby. They are arguably the best airbrushing Acrylics around. I use them and their colour matches are spot on as well

John

K

Kressy_13

Think I might have to get some John. Have done the RLM 78. The colour is great but had to clean the airbrush half way through due to the paint again. Very annoying. Went on a bit thick as well so the pre shading didn't really work that well. More practice needed.

Cheers. 

DSC_0693.JPG

K

Kressy_13

Hi all. Have managed to get the paint mostly finished. Just a couple of touch ups and some RLM02 for the inside of the flaps and slats. Looks a bit weird now but hopefully the decals and weathering will bring it together.

Cheers.

DSC_0699.JPG

DSC_0700.JPG

DSC_0701.JPG

DSC_0703.JPG

DSC_0698.JPG