KV-2 Kit

S

Spartan

Hi I’m hoping to receive my new tank kit today. The barrel on the kit is quiet thin and I hope to replicate the 152mm gun. Can this be achieved and how. Here is a picture of the kit.
8B10CA1A-3F5A-447E-B8D1-C4B06B375D59.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s not a 152 mm gun but a 107 mm — the 152 mm gun on the normal KV-2 was much shorter and thicker. The simplest way to build one (other than buying a kit that has the correct gun, of course) would be to make it from plastic rod or tube of the correct diameter. IIRC, the barrel of the KV-2 has a slightly thicker bit at the end, which you can make by wrapping some very thin plastic card or paper around it.

You would need to do some research to find the length and thickness, but this could be as simple as asking someone to measure up the barrel on a 1/35 scale kit for you, though.

S

Spartan

Thanks Jakko for keeping me right. I have seen the build on YouTube with the shorter and thicker barrel. If anyone can help with the sizes would be a great help.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Kevin ..Hope this is of some help .
169724-12364-pristine.jpg
This is a picture of the 152 mm KV-2 Barrell , unfortunately this is in 1/35 from RB models . I will measure mine although it's in plastic and pm you later
John .

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Morning Kevin.
Aber do a replacement 152mm barrel in 1/72 for this kit.Might be easier!
Jon

Reactions: JR
S

Spartan

Thanks guys I have managed to work the measurements out in 1/72 scale. Barrel should be 2.1mm thick and 18mm in length.
Thanks for your help guys I will look on Aber.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks guys I have managed to work the measurements out in 1/72 scale. Barrel should be 2.1mm thick and 18mm in length.
Thanks for your help guys I will look on Aber.
Look fwd to seeing the build Kevin, one of my favorite tanks .
John