KV1 and PANZER figures .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi , another page to follow !
The Frankenstein chaps look a lot better, a few changes of arms and positions has taken place. 3 Russian troops in full winter camo have joined the gang now. Now a case of attempting the painting .!!!!

The Vallejo primer although shaken still appears to be very thin, where as the chaps done in the grey where I used some grey Stynylrez from Ultimate seem to have been covered nicely in one coat.

Thanks for looking in, now the fun can begin :smiling2::surprised::sad::worried:

John.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi John, now we have the figures to go with the diorama, be interesting to see how they fit in the dio.:smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, now we have the figures to go with the diorama, be interesting to see how they fit in the dio.:smiling3:
Thanks Graeme, a few updates painting wise to show below.
John.

Right the first two are the Russian crew. I did a black shading first, followed by a light wash of dark brown.Letting this dry for a bit I returned and did some darken brown / black mix. The helmets seems to have been made from cloth and leather, the raised tube like protection strips were filled and then covered in leather

Still have that shiny finish but you can see in the last photo the highlighted sections on the rear of the overalls

The infantry riders has an off white shading , followed by a normal white, after the faces have been spoilt attempted some dulling and dirt to the knees etc will be done.

The Panzer crew had a grey primer, them I did the shading with a dark grey. Tomorrow I will add some light grey to achieve some variation.331857331858
That's it for now, any comments welcome.
Thanks John.

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice looking figures,John,
will look forward to seeing them done,and placed,:smiling:

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Nice work John. So pleased that you're getting into figures!

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
nice looking figures,John,
will look forward to seeing them done,and placed,:smiling:
Thank you Monica, nice having an odd no as well, 5 Russians and the 2 Germans

Nice work John. So pleased that you're getting into figures!
Cheers Peter, trying , bit hard, I know at this scale when I come to the faces just can't get to your level.......... ever. :smiling: Trying the light coats, and enjoying it.
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Your figure work is coming on leaps and bounds. A very impressive grouping. Looking forward to seeing them in the dio.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your figure work is coming on leaps and bounds. A very impressive grouping. Looking forward to seeing them in the dio.
Thanks mate , got a bit more done but the photos were :poop: to blurred with out the tripod. Still don't find my depth of field with the eye covered, drives me mad as I keep painting everywhere other than where I want to go when attempting the detail.
Did manage to do some lighter washes on the cheeks with a dash of pink and white. When it came to eye browsers it became a joke, one of them look like Dennis Healey !

332115 or 332116.or Brezhnev.

Off to do tea,
JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Back with wind whistling down the chimney of the wood burner, apparly soon to be banned.! No not the wind but the stove. Mind this wind could go as well .
After Fridays first attempt with the photos I've used the tripod.
Some what better.

Did n't plan it like this , but waiting for some replies on the pose. Still not happy with the helmet colour, redoing my research it was made from stiff fabric and not leather as I had first said.

Had a go at doing a lighter pinkish white on the cheeks, along with some eyebrows.
Again some pink to give the impression of cold, looks like I managed to do him a a right eye.

:smiling:
Feel good about this one, as I actually managed to get some shadow.
Well its a start :smiling3::smiling3: At least a wash will pick some detail out at the end.
Thanks for looking in.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Great work on the figures. Yours get better all the time.
Jim

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice going on these,s guys,John,some think alot of us ,are not that found off,to say,
keep up the great work on them,:thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
You’ll only get better the more you do and it looks like your getting somewhere and enjoying it:smiling4:

I appreciate what a difficulty it must be with only one peeper doing the business.....all things considered your doing great mate:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Great work on the figures. Yours get better all the time.
Jim
Thanks Jim, think the fact that I enjoy them does help .
very nice going on these,s guys,John,some think alot of us ,are not that found off,to say,
keep up the great work on them,:thumb2:
Thanks Monica.
Evening John,
You’ll only get better the more you do and it looks like your getting somewhere and enjoying it:smiling4:

I appreciate what a difficulty it must be with only one peeper doing the business.....all things considered your doing great mate:thumb2:
Quite correct Si, takes bit of time to get the depth right, and then it's not too bad. Thank you,not too much swearing either .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice figs. JR, I rarely do figs in my scale. Too dam tiny! You on the other and are coming on very well. I have noticed much improvement over your last efforts with the Sturmy. Well done mate.
Rick H.

R

RichardMo

Nice progress John,
In a previous post a gentleman said the more you do the better you will get. that is so true. I think you are doing a very good job at adding the pinkish tones, and trying to figure the skin tones out just keep going. As far as the eyebrows well as long as there both the same (we all have different styles ) that it builds character. Keep up the good work sir.
Rick

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update mate. They are coming on well. Is the guy in the last photo commenting on your manhood?? :smiling5::smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice figs. JR, I rarely do figs in my scale. Too dam tiny! You on the other and are coming on very well. I have noticed much improvement over your last efforts with the Sturmy. Well done mate.
Rick H.
Thank Rick, shows things are improving.
Nice progress John,
In a previous post a gentleman said the more you do the better you will get. that is so true. I think you are doing a very good job at adding the pinkish tones, and trying to figure the skin tones out just keep going. As far as the eyebrows well as long as there both the same (we all have different styles ) that it builds character. Keep up the good work sir.
Rick

Thank you, Rick,.. the problem seems to be when to apply the next coat of paint, too early and it's messed up, too late and it doesn't blend . As you say the more the better .

John

Looking forward to seeing them in the dio mate.

cheers
Ross
Cheers Rick , not too long either I hope ..
Nice update mate. They are coming on well. Is the guy in the last photo commenting on your manhood?? :smiling5::smiling3:
Steve :smiling2::smiling3::smiling3::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:, no !