Kyosho Nitro Alpha GP2 no drive

R

robsta3

Hi guys, hope you can help me bought the nitro racer used but has no power to wheels, im new to this and hoped someone would have an idea what to check first, engine runs fine and all wheels turn just very slow in air and not at all on floor, thanks

:thinking:

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Robsta,

Could be one of the following things if you bought this as a used car.

1. Remove one of the wheels on your car, When you can see the drive axle stub, there should be a small metal pin that goes through the stub - this locates into a recess in the back of the wheel - without it The wheels will turn when you hold the car up in the air but when you put it on the ground you will have very little or no drive.

Check the other 3 wheels for same. The pins are cheap or can be very easily made from a short length of piano wire - available from most model shops. These pins can drop out very easily if your wheels are not tightened up properly - and the problem can be a pain to find (Been there and done it !!!)

Next thing to check is:

2. You may have worn clutch shoes, They are generally only plastic and do wear down after a while. You will need to remove the engine and the drive gear to check the clutch shoes. They are cheap and very easy to replace.

And last but not least - if the above 2 have not cured the problem - the last thing to check is:

3. You may have a worn Diff - Again this is cheap enough to replace as a whole unit.

If you need the parts diagram for this car let me know and I will paste it up - very handy for obtaining new parts as it has all the part numbers on it.

Hope this helps and Happy running !!

Regards.......Mark.

R

robsta3

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply quick question is the rear diff and rear gearbox different items? thanks again

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Robsta,

Rear Diff and Rear gearbox are one and the same. Hope this helps. I have found them for about £10 to £12 for a complete Diff. Worth replacing as a whole unit.

You can use the Diffs from the Alpha 3 as these are the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards......Mark.

R

robsta3

Hi mark,

Thanks for your help was rear diff issue all sorted now, just wondered if you know where i can get oil shocks for this from, cant find them anywhere

Cheers

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Robsta,

Glad you got your drive problem sorted. As for the Oil filled shocks, not exactly sure what the part number is for those, My Nephew has the Kyosho catalogues so I will look it up for you as these will be an upgrade option compared to the normal standard shocks.

Having said that, most shocks designed for 1/10th cars will fit other models too so if you have a shop nearby have a look and see what they have. If not there are 3rd party manufacturers out there making these as upgrade items.

I found a set on ebay for £13.50 and that is a buy it now price so you dont even have to bid on them, these will more than likely fit as the advert tells you which cars they will not fit on.

They are Oil filled and look quite smart to me. I can't see any reason why they would not fit....they are fully adjustable, Have a look on this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANSMANN-RACING-PK4-OIL-FILLED-SHOCK-ABSORBER-SPRINGS_W0QQitemZ330206369723QQihZ014QQcategoryZ140979QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The postage cost is only £1.50 too... so for a full set of Oil Filled shocks that is a bargain price.

There is a phone number at the bottom of the advert so you can always ask them if they fit your car before buying.

Regards.......Mark

R

robsta3

Hi mark,

Thanks for all your help but need to bend your ear again, crashed the other day and broke the front damper stay (driver error) got replacement standard and have been looking for alloy hop up but cant find anywhere do you by chance have any ideas, really appreciate your help again

Cheers

Robsta