"Lads, we've been here ages, but we've netted a hold full of prime Arctic cod, let's go home!"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is the final part of the supposed trilogy, which has ended up as just two........:upside:

Having left their home port a while ago, the skipper and crew of the fishing trawler 'Ross Jackal' have safely made it north to the Arctic waters and having fished day in day out have finally filled the hold with excellent cod.
"Lets go home!"
I completed this a fair time ago but it's only today that (A) I've been home. (B) A nice, bright sun has shone whilst I have been here, so out I rushed this morning with the model and my camera.

The base is a scrap piece of chipboard. I cut out the hole in this for the vessel using a jig saw and a rasp until she fitted snug into the base.
The 'ice' is filler and the 'bergs'/ ice shelf - call them what you like, are made up from layers of scrap polystyrene. Filled here and there and then a bit of silicone added for the drips!

A reminder of the first part of the journey. Leaving port and taking hangovers with them!

In the fishing grounds, but heading south at last - And home!

A closer look at the ice. I didn't look at images because I know if I did I would try and copy stuff and turn all 'Fiddly' instead of sort of free flowing. So I just went for it and used my imagination. We all know what piles of ice look like anyway!
I used several layers of sheet polystyrene ripped up all random like with my finger nails and stuck on top of each other. Then I worked a bit of smoothness into them, added a hit and miss blue wash and finally did a bit of work with some silicone.

There you go, that's the end of this two part, which should have been three, adventure. I had great fun on the voyage - I stink of fish though!

I hope you approve of this final episode and thanks for looking.

Cheers all.
Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Worthy indeed of Gold , it's so realistic. Good for you. You certainly know how to show a model off to it's best .

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Another Rons soggy wet thing masterpiece :thumb2:

You do excel at watery scenic photos

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Ron. These water diorama's just get better and better.
And you win a bonus prise for the longest title for a post!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The icing on the cake for my birthday!
What superb and complimentary posts.
Thank you all so much. It really means a lot to me to read such nice comments...... :thumb2:

Cheers.
Ron