Land Rover with a difference.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Mike, is that a mould line across the bottom edge of the bumper or is it meant to be there?

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike, is that a mould line across the bottom edge of the bumper or is it meant to be there?
If I remember correctly the bumper was welded and that is supposed to represent that, it was not to proud of the metal....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great work on the gun. A real thing of beauty. Glad to hear you are nearly there now. It's been a terrific little build

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Great work on the gun. A real thing of beauty. Glad to hear you are nearly there now. It's been a terrific little build
Steve,
many thanks,
Mike.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hello sir not a bad job if I may say so ;) .
I like the idea of dropping red or solder into water to make the small balls often wondered how to make.
Pete :sick:.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello sir not a bad job if I may say so ;) .
I like the idea of dropping red or solder into water to make the small balls often wondered how to make.
Pete :sick:.
Hi Pete,
many thanks for the compliment, and good to see you back on the forum.
Mike.

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
Do I detect some camo netting in this thing’s future...:thinking:?

Nice work so far Mike :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice colors older than me Sir!!! I remember them well from the vehicles in Berlin in the 80's. I'm with Al there with the camo net work. She's a beauty!!!

Prost
Allen

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Nice colors older than me Sir!!! I remember them well from the vehicles in Berlin in the 80's. I'm with Al there with the camo net work. She's a beauty!!!

Prost
Allen
I was there in the early1970's, and was actually riding about on one of these. Some of us had just come back from Florida showing the American allies how to hit a tank correctly... But we were not very welcomed back by the Russians on the border, something to do with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy riding about and waving in a victorious manner - seem they put in a formal complaint - we were made to surrender the face masks....
And a yes to the camo net, that will be the next step after the following update.
Cheers,
Mike.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
great update.... neat and ready for weathering... can't wait

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Second phase of weathering now complete. The windscreen was not always fitted later on, but we had ours as we used the vehicle when touring the border in Germany as part attached to the Berlin Brigade on border security, so we kept the screen as some sort of 'protection' agains the elements.
Anyway on with the pics...
weatherfin1.jpg
weatherfin2.jpg
weatherfin3.jpg
weatherfin4.jpg
weatherfin5.jpg
The windscreen and spare do not need weathering as they are going to be covered, just a little bit of titivating here and there tomorrow and then on with the net.
Please enjoy,
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie, Jim R,
That is about to change..... but thanks anyway for your support.
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
This will be the final update untill I have finished the cam net application. This is because I can only do one side/end at a time due to the material being very wet and fragile so that does not allow for much handling. Once dry that will be a different matter.
cam3.jpg
I thought I would go for the cam net nee torn canvas/hessian look which combines the usual cam net but with added fashionable extensions which can move and sway in the wind giving the Land Rover that cammed up windswept look...
cam1.jpg
Still very wet, but once dry will be brushed out to remove the cam bits.
cam2.jpg
The two covers in the foreground are for the ammunition boxes behind the seats.
Cheers,
Mike.