Land Rover with a difference...

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
DAAAAAMMNNNNN that Rover is brilliant... plus... i missed a couple of installement... and it's done...and most of all... absolutely stunning....well done Mike

Reactions: JR

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
DAAAAAMMNNNNN that Rover is brilliant... plus... i missed a couple of installement... and it's done...and most of all... absolutely stunning....well done Mike
Greg,
Many thanks, most welcome.
Mike.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I love it Mike!
Looks like a stealthy little devil with a big punch, will definitely steal your brilliant camo netting concept one of these days for sure!

Great job!...Jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
I love it Mike!
Looks like a stealthy little devil with a big punch, will definitely steal your brilliant camo netting concept one of these days for sure!

Great job!...Jim
Hello Jim,
I have a mini tutorial in the wind for the camo netting, it will be on in a few days.
Mike.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wonderful Work Mike Older Person,

Great grass work even with out the trimming. The simple base really sets off the Rover nicely. Super job Sir and the whole project was fantastic to follow!!!

BTW, the Rover needs a haircut!!! We're not living in a damn hippie commune here you know...…………….

Bleib Gesund
Allen

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Wonderful Work Mike Older Person,

Great grass work even with out the trimming. The simple base really sets off the Rover nicely. Super job Sir and the whole project was fantastic to follow!!!

BTW, the Rover needs a haircut!!! We're not living in a damn hippie commune here you know...…………….

Bleib Gesund
Allen
Yo! man, Younger Person,
Pleased you like the finished item, Have arranged barber, but he is in isolation - it's that country to the right of Greenland.
Hope you are staying well and away from the germs.
Cheers from man in his own hole....
Mike.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Mike, I am well and working my a$$ off at the moment shipping product. No table time and with all the chaos going on, it's good to see we haven't lost our sense of humor…...Take care.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Is that static grass or something else? Looks great!!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mike, That's the Bomb! Great job on the base, really sets the Rover off nicely. :thumb2: Don't listen to Richard I rather like the Boris Johnson look!!!:tongue-out3:
Rick H.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Superb Mike, and I like the grass just as it is.
Pete

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks great on the base, the grass is fine the way it is.:thumb2:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Many thanks to you all for your comments and they are most welcome.
Jack L.
It is two colours of static grass more green than yellow, well mixed together and then applied over a pva glue, just dropped it in place and then gently tapped down. I then turned the base over and while in the air tapped the bottom of the base to lose some of the loose 'grass'. I then followed up with a 'moss' which is all the dust that you have in the bottom of the container - this fills in all the bald spots. Once the base is complete I then use and old cloth over the vacumn nozzle and remove any excess working about 5mm above the surface. This then lifts the grass to the 'verticle'.
Steve Jones,
It's not the construction of the mower, but SWMBO keeps falling off the base, just cannot get the staff....
Cheers All,
Mike.