Last Ditch

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looks like your having a lot of fun with this one Jack. It's turning into something really special. Keep up the great work

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Looks like your having a lot of fun with this one Jack. It's turning into something really special. Keep up the great work
Thanks Steve.

The cooler weather seemed to improve the mojo today, and managed a couple of figures. Really quite pleased with these two, especially the ammo carrier. Used a magnifier for the first time, so maybe that was the difference.
IMG_1656.JPGIMG_1658.JPGIMG_1659.JPGIMG_1660.JPG

Also in something quite different, did a couple of figures for the train Dad is building. White metal in about 1/48, and also quite pleased in how they cam out.IMG_1662.JPGIMG_1663.JPG

D

Deleted member 6559

You're right to be pleased Jack. These are all excellent.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding Jack. Luv it to bits. Should be nearly there now??

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Calling it done:

In a "Last Ditch" attempt to repel attackers, a mixed unit machine gun squad deploy to final positions, after hastily planning in the relative safety of a long abandoned 88 position. With enemy infantry and armour approaching, three men give cover while the rest take it in turns to dart out from the rubble.
IMG_1713.jpgIMG_1712.jpgIMG_1711.jpgIMG_1702.JPGIMG_1703.JPGIMG_1704.JPGIMG_1705.JPGIMG_1706.JPGIMG_1707.JPGIMG_1708.JPGIMG_1714.JPG

Really hope you like it...I enjoyed making it, might limit the amount of figures I have to paint in future though. Special thanks to Ron, Simon T and Peter Day, for their tips and knowledge along the way....really did help, and everyone else who offered encouragement. Lots more tweaks I should probably make...but I needed this one finished. For a first dio attempt, and a lot of lessons learned, I am happy with it.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific build Jack.

No matter how much advise and 'How to's', you have read, you obviously have the talent to transform info. into what we see here.
A most excellent diorama.

Ron

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Terrific build Jack.

No matter how much advise and 'How to's', you have read, you obviously have the talent to transform info. into what we see here.
A most excellent diorama.

Ron
Thank you Ron. Very kind words.
Jack,
Very nicely done Sir, that is a cracking scene all round.
Thank you Paul. Enjoyed it!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
How the @!#$%@ did I miss this Jack. Simply brilliant. I'm seeing this on the h/p while waiting for swmbo so will get back and look at it on a bigger screen.

Cheers,
Richard