Late Medieval Elite Archer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

9f5227360b24a57dba7b66563cf1ee35.jpg4620331c213588d0556b1afdc6a3c772.png

Some of you will remember my failed attempt at a 120mm Mitches archer figure, from which I kept these parts:

100_3473.JPG

I was looking for a way of using them, and decided on combining them with a Miniart knight figure to create a late medieval, heavily armoured bowman, similar to those in the illustrations above. These represent members of the Guarde Ecossais, founded in 1418 as an elite guard for the French king, and from 1450 consisting of the sons of noble Scottish families.

The Miniart kit is this one:

100_3469.JPG100_3470.JPG

These kits aren't great, but the parts I will use should be complemented and improved by the Mitches parts. I'm also going to try and use the Mitches head (the Miniart one is terrible) and I'll have to make him a quiver and buckler from scratch. I'm not if I'll be able to reproduce the Guarde Ecossais livery, but I'll give it a go.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Merry Christmas to you and the extended family, I am sure you have been enjoying for the past few days.

Makes this blog unexpected, but all the more welcome.

I am glad you kept the head, he reminded me of Leonard Rossitor as Rigsby.

On a positive note, there are never any failures, just projects still waiting to succeed,

Some just take longer than others!

My In-laws are due at 14:30 so time to wake, caffinate and settle into the day.

Have a great day and the paints will be waiting when you are overfull with festive cheer

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve, and a very Merry Christmas to you. I was hoping that the Big Joe bust might turn up before Christmas, but that would have been expecting too much of all concerned, so this will get me through the next few days (hoping to make a start today actually - that will be my present).

Currently being serenaded by my 16 year old son for whom I managed to get hold of an electric guitar . We've had Jimi, Eric, Jimmy P, Peter Green, Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf etc etc already.

The excitement has all been too much for the baby, who has fallen asleep.

Have a great day.

Peter.

D

Deleted member 4539

I look forward to seeing this Peter.
However I wouldn't like him in my army if he's going to be late:surprised:.

D

Deleted member 6559

Merry Christmas Ralph.

He's so late in fact that he didn't make the bus - in the bin after a few hours trying to knock it into shape. An appalling model. I did say with the last Miniart figure that I wouldn't bother again, and I'd wished I listened to own advice. Oh well!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Steve, and a very Merry Christmas to you. I was hoping that the Big Joe bust might turn up before Christmas, but that would have been expecting too much of all concerned, so this will get me through the next few days (hoping to make a start today actually - that will be my present).

Currently being serenaded by my 16 year old son for whom I managed to get hold of an electric guitar . We've had Jimi, Eric, Jimmy P, Peter Green, Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf etc etc already.

Have a great day.

Peter.
That has made me laugh out loud, thank goodness I didn't wake Management up ! Well baby apparently has good taste and your son must be playing well .
As for the figure I did think you were rather optimistic when I read Mini Art ( there said it with only a slight shake and twitch ) .
Will we ever learn ?
John .:smiling2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That has made me laugh out loud, thank goodness I didn't wake Management up ! Well baby apparently has good taste and your son must be playing well .
As for the figure I did think you were rather optimistic when I read Mini Art ( there said it with only a slight shake and twitch ) .
Will we ever learn ?
John .:smiling2:

Peter, what can I say...you've already shot one foot...we're born with two, now there's a saying in these parts that men have a hidden third leg...now don't go shooting gthat one off too. :tongue-out3::smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 4539

Have a great day.

Peter.
You must have brought up your son very well to be listening to such great music.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter, I think it still is morning?

The day, went well?

Ohh, another MiniArt figure bites the dust, shame really, though you really can't turn sows ears and silk purses.

Hopefully all the patients are recovering?

Nursery and guitar school open?

Have a good day catching up and settling the family into another bank holiday

Regards

Steve H

ps it was John R than brought dripping to the discussion!

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi all.

Sorry to have wasted your time with this.

Patients are a bit better (too much chocolate I suspect) and the baby has had a grumpy morning.

Yes, Ralph, I've worked hard to instil in my son some musical taste! The guitar is now in pieces on the dining room table - loose wire apparently, though I suspect that he just wanted to see how it worked. I hope that he can put it back together again......

New figure on the way.