Latest Acquisitions (2018)

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
My only purchase on Black Friday.
I saw a review of this in 1/72 - fabulous shape. I couldn't fit in the 1/72, so I picked up this in 1/144 ( at a good price, of course! )

Still over 370mm long, 153 parts, including 4 ejector seats that will be totally invisible! zvezda blackjack.jpg
Dave

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Hi aLl
Got a couple of things through the post this week....
View attachment 320777
View attachment 320778
Obviously I’m still on the bike jag, but trying to clear a couple of unfinished jobs first before I can get anywhere near these....
Moulding looks excellent in both cases....pity the Honda’s seat is moulded in white though, polished plastic looks better for vinyl than paint....
Not planning to add to the stash again this year....
Tim
I look forward to seeing the Z900 built as back in 1976 I had a full size one.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
First Name
Allen
Jim, do you get the (plump) bald eagle with the kit too??? Inquiring minds want to know....

A couple of additions here over the last week or so. This one was sorely needed,
IMG_1619.JPG
It's the Brightlight EN1190 model sold by a German company. Best money ever spent!!! A couple of wins from evilbay to add to the stash, even thought it doesn't need it...
IMG_1624.JPG
A thick box with tons of parts inside!!! And,
IMG_1623.JPG
One from the wish list at a real killer price...…………...

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Just has a look and no eagle which is a shame. Would have been fun!
I have a similar light. Agree - best money spent.
Interested to see you build the RFM kit. They have a very good reputation.
Jim

Tim Marlow

SMF Poster
First Name
Tim
I have that light as well, excellent tool. If you have shelves behind your workbench it will clamp to one, leaving the tabletop free...

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
First Name
Allen
Jim,
What a shame!!! No Eagle...(scratchy, scratchy Sir)
If I ever get finished with my V2, I would love to give this one a go. There are just so many parts in the box and many hours, days, weeks, months or years (choose one) of work!!!

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
First Name
Allen
Hi Tim,
I work at my dining table and I have it clamped on the other side of where I sit. Fantastic is the only word I can use to describe it. I can actually see what I'm doing now...……..

Prost
Allen

John Race

Plastic burner and member of the Rabble
First Name
John
Morning all .
Trying out my new phone, having been dragged into the modern age, they have put me on the web as well
This is what came last week IMG_20181210_102957822.jpg IMG_20181210_102944603.jpg
Well that worked ! Apart from being upside down :worried:
Now how do I turn them round ?
John

First Name
Jakko
Well that worked ! Apart from being upside down :worried:
Now how do I turn them round ?
Once it’s on the forum, you can’t.

On the phone, there’s likely an app in which you can view the photos and do basic adjustments like turning it around. No idea what phone you have, but on an iPhone (or iPad or iPod Touch), once you’ve taken a picture you can tap on the little square preview of it at the bottom right and you’ll be able to browse through all the photos you’ve taken. There’s an edit button (though note it might have a different name in English) at the top of the screen that you can tap to adjust the photo, for things such as cropping, turning it, adjusting the horizon, altering colour balance, and more. The camera or photo viewer apps on Android phones probably have similar capabilities, but I wouldn’t know :smiling3:

Chances are that when you took the photo, you were holding the phone more or less horizontal, so that it couldn’t tell which way is up (smartphones know which way is up if you hold them anything but approximately horizontal). In this case, the solution is to look closely at the screen to make sure that any text (like the clock at the top, if there is one) is the right way up for you. If not, hold the phone more vertical until the display turns the right way up, then tilt it downward again to take the photo.

That last one is the best way to do it, because it means you don’t have to tinker with the photos after taking them.

prichrd1

Good job there's a picture on the box !
First Name
Paul
John,

Admit it - you bought the Australian versions :tongue-out3::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

best thing to do is burn those pictures and re-take them !!!!!!

Paul.
:smiling2: