Latest Acquisitions (2019)

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
did you remember to get your scalpel blades? You'll certainly need them!
I used to use cornflake packets to stiffen up all the bulkheads/frames/decks, and an old drawer front as a building board. I found that UHU glue was the best ........................
I never managed to finish any of the real biggie ship models. The largest I did manage to complete was the Rjurik - also by GPM, I think. You need a lot of space ( and commitment ) to finish this. The largest I ever started was the Yamato - got quite a way with that, but the vast number of AA guns beat me!
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Courier delivered this - no box, but all parts on sprue, instructions & decals332702

Now, IF I had the box, it would look like this ( yes, it is 1/48 )
One of those on my want list ( but not at retail price! ). At just over £20 delivered, I think I'm quite happy with that! More like a short-run, model, but looks good - another out of the ordinary build for me
Dave

AlanG

Nachtjager and Sturmbock fanatic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Al
Just to show i am going through a nightfighter stage. Here are all the kits i got in the last few weeks. Just waiting for Revell to release their boxing of the 1/32 Dragon Bf110 and i'll get it and the G4 conversion kit too. Going to have some fun building all these :cool:

Steven000

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Just to show i am going through a nightfighter stage. Here are all the kits i got in the last few weeks. Just waiting for Revell to release their boxing of the 1/32 Dragon Bf110 and i'll get it and the G4 conversion kit too. Going to have some fun building all these :cool:
- images -
That's a nice pile of model-kits you got there Alan :smiling6:
Just curious, when finished are you planning to hang them up, display them on a shelf together or ... ?
They take up quite some space in 1/32, and I'm wondering how others manage it :smiling5:
Cheers, Steven

AlanG

Nachtjager and Sturmbock fanatic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Al
That's a nice pile of model-kits you got there Alan :smiling6:
Just curious, when finished are you planning to hang them up, display them on a shelf together or ... ?
They take up quite some space in 1/32, and I'm wondering how others manage it :smiling5:
Cheers, Steven
Steven i am in the middle of planning my 'man cave' build. It's going to be a 20ft x 16ft shed/workshop. Already got a small wood burner to install in the corner lol. A purpose build display cabinet is going to be in there too

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oooooo.....flamen! I have one of these somewhere. Tough to find fuel around here. PaulE

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Spoil sport from Pete there , arh well lucky I have one, only problem no gas.
Anyway went a bit mad ( NO REMARKS PLEASE.) and have had a bit of a spend.
these have arrived .

IMG_4762.JPGIMG_4763.JPGIMG_4764.JPG
Got the above 2nd hand from Models for sale, perfect condition , all unopened and for a good price £ 11. 50
IMG_4765.JPG
These aerials are great, one problem the aerial top section has to be sanded to fit into the base, and there is only about 2 mm entry depth.
Also have on order.

Soviet OT-130 Flame Thrower Tank
Hobby Boss - Nr. 82498 - 1:35
Boxart Soviet OT-130 Flame Thrower Tank 82498 Hobby Boss

Based on the T26.
John.

Last edited:

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
nice haul! - ..............have any of them individual track links? - am I detecting a mild whiff of masochism? :thinking:
Dave
Dave , yes !!!!!!!!! But I am determined to do them . One has the normal set up, top run, bottom run followed by 4 at each end. Read one review where the reviewer said they were terrible and he couldn't get any sag. Had a look to night at the mouldings, very clean, and on the armored car plastic tyres . Price wise about £8 for the car.
John .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Jim,

Looks to complicated to me Sir. Give me your address an I'll send you Hamburger Helper to get you through the hard times!!!!

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, you've bought a flamethrower tank? Now that's worrying!:smiling5:
Graeme.... well spotted, but I hadn't thought of it that way............... until now. Diorama hat on :nerd::thumb2:
John.