Latest Acquisitions (2019)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
What’s the difference between these and watercolour pencils or oil pastels?

INSTANT EDIT: I think I answered my own question moments after posting.....most likely the available colours.
I don't think there is any difference to be honest. I got them as I didn't have any pastels or pencils. I also like that they come all together in one box as I have a slight OCD problem.

Peter Day

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hilarious to see the Billy Showell brush (John R's post bove). I knew her when she was seventeen and going out with my flatmate Simon (they're still married) - we used to accuse him of baby snatching as she was still at school at the time. She's become a well known flower painter (does workshops on u-tube etc). Lovely lady.

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hilarious to see the Billy Showell brush (John R's post bove). I knew her when she was seventeen and going out with my flatmate Simon (they're still married) - we used to accuse him of baby snatching as she was still at school at the time. She's become a well known flower painter (does workshops on u-tube etc). Lovely lady.
Small world then Peter. Didn't realise when I first bought them who she was , in fact I assumed a bloke , until I looked her up. She's certainly does some beautiful work on flowers, just been looking at her work on her FB page on Hydrangeas stunning is an under statement .

Last edited:

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A while ago, I bought a Mistercraft TS-11 Iskra in Indian service - I liked the shape & look of this dainty trainer. The model, however, from last century ( ZTS Plastyk ) didn't inspire me ( mind you I paid <£5 ), so I looked around, and acquired this.................................arma iskra.jpg

I was expecting a typical, short run model - but no, this seems to be a mainstream production - location pins and all!P1060289.JPGP1060290.JPG

All nicely packaged - and decals by Cartograf, resin bits, PE, film & canopy masks
P1060287.JPG
4 finishes - all Polish - nicely different4 schemes.jpg
The instructions look good, with colour callouts for the details, in FS & Hataka only.
All detail engraved - it may be a bit overdone, but with paint - it should look fineP1060292.JPGP1060293.JPG

According to Scalemates, this is Arma Hobby's own production, they don't have many models in their catalogue, but if this is an example, then I'll have a look at the others!
I paid < £14 for this 'Expert' boxing - I'm assuming the 'Junior' version doesn't have the PE, masks etc., the prices from retailers is around £16, but shopping around helped.
This has turned out to be a long post, but I'm seriously impressed with this kit, I just hope the fit lives up to it!
Dave

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A while ago, I bought a Mistercraft TS-11 Iskra in Indian service - I liked the shape & look of this dainty trainer. The model, however, from last century ( ZTS Plastyk ) didn't inspire me ( mind you I paid <£5 ), so I looked around, and acquired this.................................View attachment 345065

I was expecting a typical, short run model - but no, this seems to be a mainstream production - location pins and all!View attachment 345067View attachment 345068

All nicely packaged - and decals by Cartograf, resin bits, PE, film & canopy masks
View attachment 345066
4 finishes - all Polish - nicely differentView attachment 345064
The instructions look good, with colour callouts for the details, in FS & Hataka only.
All detail engraved - it may be a bit overdone, but with paint - it should look fineView attachment 345069View attachment 345070

According to Scalemates, this is Arma Hobby's own production, they don't have many models in their catalogue, but if this is an example, then I'll have a look at the others!
I paid < £14 for this 'Expert' boxing - I'm assuming the 'Junior' version doesn't have the PE, masks etc., the prices from retailers is around £16, but shopping around helped.
This has turned out to be a long post, but I'm seriously impressed with this kit, I just hope the fit lives up to it!
Dave
Certainly look a clean moulding ,see a 7 % discount :thumb2: for a first order Dave and a load of Polish planes on their site.

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
the one I was looking at was the Hurricane I 'expert' model - it's supposedly the best representation of a Mk. I 'metal wing' . RAF markings - but flown by Polish pilots!
Dasve

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
the one I was looking at was the Hurricane I 'expert' model - it's supposedly the best representation of a Mk. I 'metal wing' . RAF markings - but flown by Polish pilots!
Dasve
Right , I see from their web site they are all modellers and use 3 d design .
their boxing is interesting , as you had mentioned in your post.
Arma Hobby model kits are available in following series:

• Expert Set - for advanced modelers. Box includes plastic kit, decals for 3-4 marking options, photoetched parts and canopy/wheel masks.
  • Model Kit (former Junior Set) - regular plastic kits with decals for 2 marking options. Good for beginners and for advanced modelers looking for quick built set or for building bigger collections.
  • Limited Edition - kits with special markings or unusual aeroplane version. Box contains plastic parts and decals for 3-4 marking options.
  • Deluxe Set - double kit set for dedicated model enthusiast. Contains two plastic kits with Experts Set add-ons as well as big decals with 8 markings options and some more modelling goods.
Hope they might bring out some Armour even if its Polish.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evilbay strikes again and with a killer price. I took a chance on this auction for an 88mm Flak. No pic just,
I don't think too many folks looked at this closely or even clicked on it to see. I did and for €23,09 delivered, I got this today,

And the kit is 100% complete to boot,
All the plastic bags for the sprues were gone, but no broken parts anywhere to be found. I'm a happy camper, but the stash isn't......

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evilbay strikes again and with a killer price. I took a chance on this auction for an 88mm Flak. No pic just,
View attachment 345255
I don't think too many folks looked at this closely or even clicked on it to see. I did and for €23,09 delivered, I got this today,

View attachment 345256
And the kit is 100% complete to boot,
View attachment 345257
All the plastic bags for the sprues were gone, but no broken parts anywhere to be found. I'm a happy camper, but the stash isn't......
Dear Confused of Banberg.
Could you tell the readers where you are thinking of storing this lastest addition to the ever growing stash.
I'm quite convinced you are moving into that new building opposite.
Regards from Even More Confused of Stamford.

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dear More Confused of Stamford,

It is highly unlikely that I will be moving into the new apartments across the street when they are finished. I am afraid the rent would be too high for my pocketbook. Although the stash is growing a bit, for that price, I couldn't resist the purchasing of this fine kit. The seller had 10 auctions and none of them had a title picture. When you clicked on the item, then, underneath the Bilder folgen (photos to come) Pic were a few pics of the kit. Got lucky I guess!!!

All the best
Only confused in Bamberg on Tuesdays

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh dear, Jim you have gone over to the other side , all is lost, there is no return from the wingy side, unless Matron steps in quickly. :disappointed:
The jig reminded me of a door drilling one we used in kitchen fitting when drilling multiple door and drawer fronts .

Jim & Samson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John,
It's probably the same jig sold under a different name, as to the dark side I'm not planning to remain here for long I just needed a change as I went research bonkers and then couldn't live up to my expectations so came close to giving up. Don't worry Allen's stash is still in infancy.
Jim

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A bargain delivery todayvista fulmar.jpg
From 1994 - but engraved detail & a nice canopy. This has been reboxed by Revell, Airfix, Smer, MisterCraft & AZ model! I've already had AM decals for a Fulmar I to go with it.
I also got this ( don't want to waste the p&p! )
revell sea hurricane.jpg

Added to this an intact old ModelDecal RAF sheet, all for just under £20, makes me all warm and tingly!!!! :smiling3:
Dave