Latest Acquisitions (2019)

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
I looked at Scalemates yesterday to see if that knew whether Revell had reissued it after all (but no: the last time was in 1995, IIRC), and then found out about those Kitty Hawk kits. Good to read that they don’t get good reviews, else I might just have bought one one of these days.

papa 695

Staff member
First Name
Ian
Is it any good Dave I wouldn't mind one of those

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Is it any good Dave I wouldn't mind one of those
It looks very nice in the box. Ejection seat has an optional insert with moulded on seat belts. Separate wheel hubs as well which makes painting easier.Buy one,you won’t be disappointed

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
This isn’t exactly a kit...anyway I will paint it like one of them, and it’s necessary to “build” different parts on it as well.
The 1/10 Land Rover Defender body (lexan).

A90DB5CB-C335-4D1E-9D56-23692A41B32D.jpeg16A8290F-F6CF-499E-A8D1-2D9BD3423F32.jpegDEE138DE-78A6-462C-8323-D4CE4EE58439.jpeg

Pd: I will ask to the mods if I can post a thread painting this beast...and beauty. lol

Mini Me

First Name
Rick
Score!!! I remember the green paperbacks at Borders years ago they sold for over $12.00 then. I only ended up with three, all of which were excellent reading.
Love the Katiusha. If Herpa ever gets on the ball and brings out the Studebaker U6 they have been advertising for 5 yrs. now I was planning on scratching the launch rack and using 1/72 aircraft rockets to arm it with. Nice haul Paul! Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
First Name
Paul
No, :smiling: this year. I open the camera's battery compartment to save batteries & redoing the date/time is an acute PITA, so that seems to be the default date/time often cropped out but almost as often seen in my photos. I've never taken the trouble to look up how to delete that function. PaulE

Jim R

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Many of you have been very, very good judging by Santa's generosity. There will be some interesting blogs to look forward to.

I don't buy as many books as some of you do but this last week I bought these two. The Rommel's Army in Africa came from a charity shop for £1.99. It is very informative,
P1050719.JPG
This was reviewed in The Airfix magazine. Although it says "aircraft" on the cover the contents are applicable to airbrushing any model. Again full of really useful information and only published in 2018 so nicely up to date.
P1050718.JPG
Jim

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
First Name
John
Greetings from Race Towers
A birthday present from my self, sad git , but easier that way :smiling:

From John @ Scale Model Shop.:thumb2:

The post man must be on a time trial, found the card ,now one heard the bell . Next door neighbor brought it round IMG_4257.JPG. I hear cries of "SNOW " all exciting stuff, John kindly sent me to the clearance section for the Krycell , did us both a favor.

IMG_4258.JPG
This came in the bag with the powder, camo paint , ( no Steve it's only white :smiling3: ) Some glue, I was going to use hair spray till I saw this, and some snow wash.

IMG_4259.JPG Two good sized bags, John only had this Extra left, the other was for 1/35 and smaller , but on the videos I've seen it looks good.

IMG_4260.JPG
This looks interesting, a sheet of broken ice , extremely well packed on a piece of foamboard ! . Has a backing sheet so will have to break it up into the sized required.

IMG_4261.JPG
Think this is rather similar to many other out there, its Acrylic , so no smell , two parts, one is coloured Peat Brown. I have a plan for this in my next diorama any guesses yet. ? Answers please including an entry fee of £ 5 .

IMG_4262.JPG
I've seen the videos for this and It looks worth a try.

IMG_4263.JPG
Ive been reading about this, some say its just a PVA other say different, I know Jim has tried this or the thin version which was out of stock. Supposed to be good for PE, anything to make fitting that ia worth a try .:flushed:

IMG_4264.JPG

Nice sieve for the snow powder, I can see this being used in the green house as well :smiling:

John .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
First Name
monica
nice lot there,John,will be waiting to see what,you do with it,
like your work,bench,used,,and that gives the drive ,to do more I,find :smiling:

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
First Name
John
nice lot there,John,will be waiting to see what,you do with it,
like your work,bench,used,,and that gives the drive ,to do more I,find :smiling:
Thanks Monica...... yes thing your right, I've never been tidy when working. Normally only tidied up when I can't find things ! or when Management pass through and mutter !:flushed::smiling2::smiling2:

John .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
First Name
monica
Thanks Monica...... yes thing your right, I've never been tidy when working. Normally only tidied up when I can't find things ! or when Management pass through and mutter !:flushed::smiling2::smiling2:

John .
thats the way I,am as well,if neat and clean no reason to sit down,but if messy ,yes won,t to do some think,
I get that mutter as well,go,s on for hrs lol,:anguished::angry:

Robo

First Name
Robert
And the first one is a late one from santa.View attachment 324405
Built that model about a year ago, for an Airfix kit it`s unbelievable, for fit and detail it`s excellent I don`t believe I had to use any filler. It`s a massive kit so make plenty of room on your bench the engine alone is a kit in itself. Spent many happy hours on this build well worth the money. I can post some pictures if you want. Enjoy.

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
image.jpg

I decided to finally get a hex punch and die set as well, after having had a round one for twenty years or so. Also some Hornet heads with British WW2-style berets for vehicle crew and Commando figures, and a Resicast 75 mm M3 gun because I need the breech for a soon-to-be built Sherman Crab.