Latest Acquisitions (2019)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Tim,

Sorry I missed that too and a hearty congrats on your Ruhestand (retirement in German). Lots of time to Moggell now, so get cracking Bud!!!

Damn evilbay strikes again. this kit sat at €16,49 with 3 seconds to go and stupid me clicked on €17 and ended up winning it. I should be shot. I just wanted to raise the price for the seller a little,

And this afternoon at my local Norma store, they had this for €9,99 so I just had to buy one,

Now I have to figure out what I will do with it. Luckily it comes with a 3 year guarantee..……………………………..Use it for scratchy building I guess...……………..

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Allen
Thanks for that.....still getting used to it....and can’t model until I get the man cave back after we move. Now up to five days trying to complete the exchange so it’s beyond frustrating....
Nice haul by the way, the vernier is a really useful tool I found....not just for modelling.....

Last edited:

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I bought myself one of those digital ones a few years ago. The battery runs out like crazy, though — it gives every impression the electronics are always powered up, only the display getting turned off after a while. Could be this is because I bought a cheap one, but I’ve fallen back on a trusty analog one that doesn’t need me to put in new batteries every time I need it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mick,
Now that is different and I like it a lot, really looking forward to seeing what you do with this

beowulf

hoowozziewee?, wozziweisen?
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I bought myself one of those digital ones a few years ago. The battery runs out like crazy, though — it gives every impression the electronics are always powered up, only the display getting turned off after a while. Could be this is because I bought a cheap one, but I’ve fallen back on a trusty analog one that doesn’t need me to put in new batteries every time I need it.
i had same problem........................i just take the battery out when im done, put it back in the next time i use it :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
With my luck Paul, I will probably use it once or twice a year, so pulling the battery is a great idea. Thanks!!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice haul by the way, the vernier is a really useful tool I found....not just for modelling.....
Thanks Tim and I hope you get moved soon and back in the groove with a man cave. Now repeat after me, it's a Digitaler Messschieber, Digitaler Messschieber, Digitaler Messschieber.......with a 3 year guarantee!!!!........I need a life...........

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
i had same problem........................i just take the battery out when im done, put it back in the next time i use it :thumb2:
I intended to do that too after the first one ran out, but because the lid is held on by two screws, I find it too much of a hassle :smiling3:

beowulf

hoowozziewee?, wozziweisen?
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I intended to do that too after the first one ran out, but because the lid is held on by two screws, I find it too much of a hassle :smiling3:
screws???? theres fancy! :flushed: mines got a slide out cover :smiling6:

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If mine did too, then I’d also still be using it just like you, by removing the battery when I don’t need it. Maybe I should just buy a new one like that and sell the old one :smiling3:

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
C7360F47-0535-4D63-B8F4-7036A0ECCAE1.jpeg

This book unexpectedly dropped onto the doormat today, a complimentary copy because one of my photos appears in it and I think I also helped one of the authors get some details right. Though of course I haven’t finished reading it yet, it certainly looks like a good book to get for anyone with an interest in the AMX-13.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Postie delivered this today. Bought of a Facebook sale site. Never heard of the make before.IMG_20190815_191537.jpg

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Another ebay auction win delivered by postiesh airacomet.jpg

I have a Cyber Hobby Meteor F.1 that has US markings, that this will be a nice companion to
Dave

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just received this from John in the shop.
BC430FB9-318B-43F9-8D39-5F460C54B9CD.jpeg
So it looks like i’ll Be joining in on Bobs Stug GB.