Latest Acquisitions (2019)

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
Have you looked at Hataka HTK-A282 Dutch Demo Orange (light)?
No, largely because I didn’t think anyone would make it, and Hakata isn’t at the front of my mind anyway :smiling3: Thanks for the tip, but I think I’ll give it a miss — my only experience with Hakata wasn’t overly positive.

I did a couple of tests, and silver paint with a layer of Tamiya Clear Orange over it gives a good metallic orange effect, so I think I’ll try that.

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
First Name
John
They worked as expected John, I always used two sized brushes for the decal work and these fit in nicely.:thumb2:

Used it on a Toon’s ip decal last weekend and no leaks or any dissolving brushes due to the solvent in Micro Set and Sol.
As they are intended for water, I think they are great for fixing pigments and maybe if a pigment fixer is fluid enough it will work too.:rolling:

HTH.
Thanks Fernando, I was thinking how the would work for applying a pin wash. All depends on the brush sizes I would think
John .

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
An early delivery from postie
from the SMS......................329532329533
The AK Real Color paints are for a couple of RAF builds in the pipeline ( Revell 1/48 Beaufighter TF.X for one! ).
The Mig Ammo Decal Solutions ? - my bottle of Humbrol DecalFix is getting to the bottom ( I bought this from Amazon in July 2016 ), so I thought I'd try something new!
Dave

boatman

First Name
christopher
HI Guys these are my only an lastest acquisitions but I thought I just try an put them on to see if my new camera pics would upload ok329566

boatman

First Name
christopher
I hope you have a hanger to put them in.
HI Peter I have got the room for them if that's what you mean when these two are built they will go on a shelf over my other smaller 1/48th aircraft
over the tv with hopefully mirrors all around but wont be needing a hanger LOL :smiling: But my missus surprised me with the tomcat a crimbo present so im glad I dint buy any more or there would have been probs an then yes I would need a hanger:smiling: as they are big kits
chris

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
First Name
Allen
Over the past week, evilbay and the postman in Bamberg has been busy. First up,
One can never have enough rockets….I then managed to win another one of these, cheaper than the first,

Lastly was a convolute of 3 kits and figures for €16,99 delivered and contained the following,
All 3 kits are brand new to boot.....I just need to live to be 110 to build what's in the stash...………..

Peter Gillson

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
Since most of my time is sculpting I am not buying many models to my 'latest aquisition' contribution is this:

I bought it as an audio book - I am listening to it while modelling!

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
First Name
John
Oooh Ross,

Which Panther did you get with it??? Inquiring minds want to know...…….
Dude 1 Ha, thought you might reply, I'll get up now, !:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3: The all singing water proof Bell push has arrived , things to do .
Dude 2

Tim Marlow

SMF Poster
First Name
Tim
Got that one in the stash Si.....somebody built one in here recently.....there are some fit issues to be aware of, not insurmountable by any means....but forewarned is forearmed as they say....

Si Benson

SMF Poster
First Name
Si
Got that one in the stash Si.....somebody built one in here recently.....there are some fit issues to be aware of, not insurmountable by any means....but forewarned is forearmed as they say....
I’m off to find it :smiling4: