Lee Drennen’s 1/25 AMT Autocar A64B dedicated to J.R.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This build is dedicated to my Dad James Rollin Drennen who spent a lot of time helping me to restore my real truck. He got to see it at only one truck show in Paducah KY. after we finished it and then he passed away with cancer. He drove for 43yrs with No accidents And log millions of miles. Truckers that new him around town always called him JR because that’s what he put on his trucks he owned “J.R. Drennen”. He taught me how to drive trucks and how to live the right way he was a great Father stern but loving and kind I could never asks for a better father. He drove over the road till I was born then he quit the road when I was about 3yrs old and stayed local with his trucks till he retired. My wife and I took care of him the last 6 months of his life I had him to live in our home with us. One day before he passed away he said, You know the reason why I quit driving over the road? I said why? He said because I couldn’t stand to be away from you. So this ones for you dad the best Trucker I have ever known. enjoy the pics.

8D222D60-2A01-4D88-B07C-4B924B78D588.jpeg6F632202-FFA5-4193-9226-554B3439324C.jpegEBE64022-523A-45A8-A675-783801995EC8.jpeg98E3E150-CF38-4B20-A5DC-D03276878337.jpeg

Last edited:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I'm sure he would be very proud Lee :thumb2:
Looks like a good start, cheers, Steven

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lee I take it the real one is the one outside your home.
A very moving post, your late father would be proud of you buddy, still trucking and doing these models.

John .

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks John it means a lot coming from you. Yes that’s the one sadly I had to sell it I posted about it in chi chat

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good to see you back a this one Lee. Looks like you've got a good start on it. I'll take a seat next to our good buddy JR and follow along. I prefer Tetley's but Yorkshire will do as long as it's BLACK.
Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good to see this one again Lee .
I'll sit with Rick, but not drinking his tea, ! It's not Yorkshire. :upside:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks for the complement sorry about the tea you know we have to keep JR stable he hasn’t burned anything down lately

Ian. Thanks for the complement and stopping by

John. Thanks for the complement I’m glad to get it back on the bench myself. Going to take a break from the Millitary subjects for now

Andy. Thanks for the complement and stopping by although it won’t look like old my real 1.1 truck I’m building the way I wanted to it

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
A wonderful, fitting tribute to your dad. I'm sure it will be a cracking model.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick. Thanks for the complement sorry about the tea you know we have to keep JR stable he hasn’t burned anything down lately

Ian. Thanks for the complement and stopping by

John. Thanks for the complement I’m glad to get it back on the bench myself. Going to take a break from the Millitary subjects for now

Andy. Thanks for the complement and stopping by although it won’t look like old my real 1.1 truck I’m building the way I wanted to it
You just wait ! :smiling3::nerd:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Completely missed this one Lee. A nice tribute build. Looking forward to seeing the next update