Lee Drennen’s 1/35 Italeri WWII Bedford Truck

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is my contribute to the Memory of SimonT. It’s the 1984 Italeri release of the QL Series Bedford Truck. I will be adding some aftermarket stuff to it. See you in 3 weeks 4932E37D-695A-46F7-809F-3222F21B228C.jpeg

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Guys I think I’ll be going back to this for Simon’s GB. I’ve been through a lot for me these past couple months and I really don’t feel like even building anything. I can’t concentrate on much scratch building at this time with the brain fog and anxiety the Covid side effects have left me. So this will be a simple build. I might add the 6 pounder with it. Thanks for understanding.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Good to see you back Lee, hope you get over the virus soon.
Pete
Pete. Thanks I’m over the Covid the side effects are weighing hard on me now. My Doctor says the side affects could last for months and it may have scared my lungs also

• Sad
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lee, sorry to hear you are still suffering. Let's hope there will be no long term damage. Just take things steady. Have a great Christmas my friend.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lee mate, nothing to be apologetic for. You have had Covid. It is far more than a simple illness. You will improve with time, but time is what it will take. Don’t push it and follow medical advice.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
Sorry you're still feeling the effects of the virus but at least you're feeling up to working a bit at the bench. As others have said this is a rotten illness so take it easy and be kind to yourself. Looking forward to the build.
Have a great Christmas and I'm sure things will be better next year.
Jim

Last edited:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks a good choice Lee, just get yourself well, just do a bit of modelling when you're feeling up to it.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great kit! love the old trucks, will keep an eye on.

Merry Christmas.

Jim.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks to all you guys I’m really beside my self now you guys are awesome. I’ll try to get started on this soon I’ve been watching my limits and not over doing it.

D

Deleted member 7181

Great to see you back Lee, and I'll follow along, as and when you feel up to making a start on this.

Gently does it mate.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, just caught up to this. Good to hear you are on the mend and starting to take an interest in modeling again. Like the others have already said, take it easy and have a play at it when you feel up to it............it's a long way to February.
Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Lee,
Sorry to read that you’ve been unwell and I hope things get better for you soon!

Kind of looking forward to seeing the Bedford built :nerd:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Happy New Year Lee. Hope all is well across the pond. Hopefully you have been up to doing some modelling. Speak soon my friend

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great news Lee.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Si. Thanks for stopping by. I look at this at least once a week trying to get the mojo to build it. I’ve lost something while I had the virus I don’t understand it.

Steve. Happy New year to you also I hate to disappoint but I haven’t been the Canvas is blank and I have no will to pic up the brush. You take care my friend it’s getting crazy there.

John. I guess it great news. Maybe when I can get back to breathing normal I’ll get the mojo. Take care my friend

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
HI Lee
Dont put yourself down. Covid is a nasty thing and it takes a fair while to fully recover. Just keep looking and one day you will pick it up.....hang in there fella, we can wait.