Lee Drennen’s 1/43 lnternational Harvester Farm Diorama

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I started on this project last winter and been chipping away at the vehicles for this Farm Diorama. The Farm will be all International base Vehicles and implements. I’m thinking about showing this at the St.Louis Gateway Farm Toy Show but I’m really nervous about it. The show is on hold right now it will be in February 2022. I’ll post more pics of the out buildings and Barn I’m using later. Here’s a pic of some of the Implements that I’ll be using along with some Tractors and Trucks.
5630517B-46AF-4903-A96A-C67DE12ACC4F.jpegC0960069-9571-4369-91C0-5A201C6702FE.jpegBA72577D-67CD-4B9F-9B78-9C5FA18A6E4C.jpegE91EEDB8-5D09-4C46-801C-2FE69C7E8D13.jpeg5955C08D-C561-47F4-B16C-1D4CF2D856D3.jpeg5BF909C5-1D42-405B-B446-2D0FED0F081E.jpeg03481245-8409-45EC-943C-358ABF5D9EA0.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I started on this project last winter and been chipping away at the vehicles for this Farm Diorama. The Farm will be all International base Vehicles and implements. I’m thinking about showing this at the St.Louis Gateway Farm Toy Show but I’m really nervous about it. The show is on hold right now it will be in February 2022. I’ll post more pics of the out buildings and Barn I’m using later. Here’s a pic of some of the Implements that I’ll be using along with some Tractors and Trucks.
View attachment 436227View attachment 436228View attachment 436229View attachment 436230View attachment 436231View attachment 436233View attachment 436234
go for it Lee an go to the show as these farm implentements are very instresting as i love to whatch the tractors an combines at harvest time an the way the machines stack all the bales its better than tv an jen an i sit out in the harvest feild whatching an when they are ploughin in the feilds nr mine an we lived on a farm for 33yrs an it was very instresting to walk around the barns an have a look at any machine that was parked in the barns as i was fasinnated by how all the machines worked an now ive moved i miss it dearly
all best with this dio an go for it Lee an i'll be following along
chris
chris

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great looking machines Lee, if the buildings come out half that nice you'll have a sure winner of a display.
I can't wait to see how this comes together for you. :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Lee an ive always wondered why the american tractors have the front wheels so close together why is this ?
chris

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great looking machines Lee, if the buildings come out half that nice you'll have a sure winner of a display.
I can't wait to see how this comes together for you. :thumb2: Rick H.
Your really building my confidence Rick. With you and Chris in my corner how can I lose

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
There called Row Crop so they can go though the rows without damaging the crops.
Your really building my confidence Rick. With you and Chris in my corner how can I lose
HI again Lee an cheers for your info on them tractor front wheels as that whats Rick said but we dont have them here in this country an yes we are backin you Lee as i think your dio will be intresting on farm mainchery JUST DONT ASK ME TO DO A SPEECH LOL
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great idea Lee. Get out there and knock ‘em bandy. The dio will be a sure fire winner, especially as it’s something close to your heart. It is always good to meet like minded people. Just remember to show us some pictures afterwards….

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all while on this subject of farm machinery can anyone find a cut away pic of a combine harvester as ive always wanted to build a fair sized working model of one but i have had no luck at finding one
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Something like this Chris?
There are a few in this discussion as well
WOW Tim ive been tryin to find this info for yrs an no luck as it just came up sayin (no such info ) an yet you have found it in seconds how did you do that ? all i can think is that as im in a low megabyte area my p/c wont find things like yours has many thanks Tim i'll have a study but i was hopein for a cutaway with a lot more 3D detail but this what you have found will give me a start on the thinkin process cheers Tim
ATB Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Tim when i was at a show for farm mchines i spent hrs looking around a big CASE combine with a 40 ft bed or cut an jen went up into the cab to talk to the driver as it was all controlled by satalite an wow what a combine an it was black an red but id love to build an workin one if i live long enough
cheers
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I just put combine harvester cutaway in my search box and it found them Chris. Probably helped by my carrot cruncher Wiltshire accent LOL…..
WELL Tim ive treid that for yrs on my p/c of just putting in the search box of cutaway of a combine harvester an it kept sayin cannot find it well i'll try your carrot cruncher accent but im not a wiltshire chappie lol but it amazes me ive had freinds on the web for yrs finding things that im intrested in an they tell me to just enter the subject in the search box an they can find it but i cant on my p/c its crazy is'nt it
chris

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
You can't lose Lee, so press on to completion so's we can all feast our eyes! :thumb2: :nerd:;)
I sure will Rick. I Just about have everything but the Corn Stalks boy there pricey I’ll be using O scale Corn and I’ll have to have a personal course on how to make Trees by JR. lol