Lee Drennen’s 1/43 lnternational Harvester Farm Diorama

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Go for it Lee, your models look the business and I just love those old trucks.

Andy.
Thanks for stopping by Andy. I’m going to those Trucks were made by IXO in 1/43 scale I’m almost done with them both I’ll do a thread on them once there done.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That is definitely a different take on a diorama, wish I had that lateral (modelling) mindset! Looking forward to it's development Lee,
Steve
Thanks Steve. I’ve been going to these Farm Toy Shows for over 25 years now last year was canceled for obvious reasons and this year is on hold for now. This idea I’ve had for awhile ever since IXO came out with there International Trucks. Thanks for stopping by.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
HI again Lee an cheers for your info on them tractor front wheels as that whats Rick said but we dont have them here in this country an yes we are backin you Lee as i think your dio will be intresting on farm mainchery JUST DONT ASK ME TO DO A SPEECH LOL
chris
I wonder why you guys over there don’t use Row Crop Tractors? They are very dangerous if your turning on a steep hill or like me turning while running over a Rock and I almost flipped my Farmall H one time. The Speech thing I’ll have to get back to you on that

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee
Love the idea of a farm dio. Vehicles look great. I would go to the show. I'm sure your models would be appreciated.
Jim
Jim glad you like the idea those Vehicles are very detailed anyway. If you think they look that good I can’t go wrong.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great idea Lee. Get out there and knock ‘em bandy. The dio will be a sure fire winner, especially as it’s something close to your heart. It is always good to meet like minded people. Just remember to show us some pictures afterwards….
Thanks Tim. At those show the people are Awesome very friendly and down to Earth and appreciate you. I will definitely post pics and a link to YouTube if I get interviewed then again I may not who knows.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I wonder why you guys over there don’t use Row Crop Tractors? They are very dangerous if your turning on a steep hill or like me turning while running over a Rock and I almost flipped my Farmall H one time. The Speech thing I’ll have to get back to you on that
WELL Lee H/S has gone mad here
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Could be the hills Lee. Most of the UK is hilly, apart from the East anglia bit where John and Chris live, so stability would be an issue. Fields are also smaller in general and usually accessed by the local road network, so again, stability at road speeds could be an issue. I must admit to not quite getting the concept though, so must be missing something. Surely putting the front wheels inside the rear wheels like that causes more damage to the crop? If they are in line with the big driving wheels at the back then damage made by the rear wheels is the limit?

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Could be the hills Lee. Most of the UK is hilly, apart from the East anglia bit where John and Chris live, so stability would be an issue. Fields are also smaller in general and usually accessed by the local road network, so again, stability at road speeds could be an issue. I must admit to not quite getting the concept though, so must be missing something. Surely putting the front wheels inside the rear wheels like that causes more damage to the crop? If they are in line with the big driving wheels at the back then damage made by the rear wheels is the limit?
When you planted the in the old days the planters were set where All wheels stayed in between the crops The Row crop tractor is a dinosaur now they don’t use them unless they like to. Wide front tractors now days also have settings how wide you want to set your wheel spacing. Here’s a pic the Tri Cycle type Tractor also turned sharper than a wide front especially when you hold one brake on the way you were turning. 3B59FD9C-ABDF-4BCC-9824-876E6F0FD6A8.jpeg

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee, I tried to 'splain this to Chris in a PM last night..............picture is worth a thousand words.
Rick H.
Rick. Thanks for pinch hitting for me I guess if you never seen it in real time you wouldn't get it. One thing I like about this Forum we learn a lot from different cultures.