Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko. Thanks for stopping by and the useful information

D

Deleted member 7181

Maybe we should ask @Paintguy, he might know?

Looks more like a paraffin spray gun, normally used for cleaning and degreasing, but I've seen them used to apply thick underbody coatings / waxoil / schutz etc, so would probably work on the kind of thick paint used on a tank, if you just wanted to hose it on without worrying about the finish.

sa333.v2.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI LEE its lookin really good this tiger what a monster of a tank i just love the design of this tiger a lot better than the king tiger i think
chris

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Chris. Thanks it’s almost done I like the Tiger as well after building this one this was a great learning curve

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That my friend is top notch, think the colour looks pretty good to me.
Tracks also, nice that it's not overdone. Glad you can beat those plastic tracks , I just can't get on with them .

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Thanks for the complement after I got started with the tracks it was kinda fun putting them together. It’s almost done

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Late to this one Lee, but really looks nice for your first attempt. You didn't mention the antenna so thought I would just in case you forgot it. Easy to do when one is not used to building armor. By the way, that shade of gray is just about right for that scale model. As was stated earlier, most folks tend to get it a little too dark. Rick H.:thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks for stopping by and the complement still have to put more details on if you would have read and this isn’t my first armor and antennas are very annoying to me

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
All looking fine. Tracks have come out nicely. I am a believer in scale colour, most models look "better" with a slightly lightened base coat. All sorts of scientific reasons which I don't understand but I think it just looks nicer. Your grey looks spot on in the photos.
Jim

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jim. Thanks for the uplifting complement I think this gray will be my new go German Grey this was the first time I have built Link Tracks I think they are ok hopefully the next time will be better

D

Deleted member 6559

Lovely work Lee, and I agree that the grey is spot-on. Being a matt paint I'm sure it would have faded pretty quickly in the field.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Thanks for the complement and encouraging words I’ve heard the Germans use paint that would fade easily but I don’t really know if this is a fact

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Andy. Thanks for the complement and stopping by

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not sure what's going on here.... might need a moderator to straighten this out. I tried to reply to the thread and ended up with a Tiger in my tank! :tongue-out3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not sure what's going on here.... might need a moderator to straighten this out. I tried to reply to the thread and ended up with a Tiger in my tank! :tongue-out3:
Think the weather in the US has got to you Rick !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Lee,the Committee thought the same and guess what you've got 2020DB.jpg.

Congratulations buddy .

Last edited: