Lee Drennen’s 1953 Ford “60s” Custom Pickup

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is a old Original AMT Ford pick up I bought at a Model show several years ago it had been previously built Thought I’d rebuild and paint it and just play around with it and see what I would come up with. The paint it’s some oddball color my brother gave me many years ago the steering wheel is from the parts box as well as the seat the tires I tried out make white walls with a white paint pen my first time ever doing this anyway enjoy the pics

537575D2-7A42-4BAA-BEED-4E5F7175D4A0.jpeg1CD264B9-1112-4E08-8500-669E9F662CC8.jpeg6EF90A78-D214-4738-8E78-3DA292273F52.jpegB44AE487-4ABC-4AF5-BEF0-07DE8881E340.jpegD330FDC7-8669-44F5-9F20-176B615D687E.jpeg8CE82900-CA55-4E85-9394-2E6DDF9A0677.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lee, looks like there's enough under the hood to really light 'em up! Are those '49Merc. Tail lights?
Great result on a fine old kit! Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yes you know how AMT would put “Customizing” parts in with there kits that’s what was a option with this kit. Thanks for stopping by

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Lee,

I'm with Rick here!!! Nice custom color finish on her. Merc tail lights are too cool. A three-on-a-tree was the order of the day, but one gear too few for a V-8. The white wall tires are the bomb dude!!! They came out fantastic……………...

Prost
Allen

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love this lee! The colour is fantastic and i thought the first pic was the real thing .great build and great photography , cheers tony

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Guys. I can’t thank you enough for the complements I really thought it wasn’t good enough to post. It means a lot to me and what a fun build it was. I finished it about 2 yrs ago I really like building these old Custom “60s” trucks and cars. I might try a car next.

Allen. That’s all the kid could afford at the time so he left his three on the tree. Thanks for stopping by and the complement

Jim. I think I paid $5 for it just getting the original box was worth the five bucks. Thanks for stopping by and the complement

Ralph. I got the paint from my brother years ago like a little brother I am I always get the hand me downs but I don’t mind sometimes to hand me downs are good thanks for stopping by and the compliment

Tony. Thanks for stopping by and the complement i’m glad I could convince you I love taking pictures outside when you take pics outside your work and your blemishes cannot hide I just think it brings the enhancement of a model out when they’re taking them out doors

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Tony. Thanks for stopping by and the complement i’m glad I could convince you I love taking pictures outside when you take pics outside your work and your blemishes cannot hide I just think it brings the enhancement of a model out when they’re taking them out doors
Theres nothing better than natural outdoor light for taking pics , and i love a realistic background shot , cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening buddy, yes I'm with Tony on this, that first photo looks so real .
You certainly did a great job on this, the colour is something else. Might try white wall tyres on my next Armoured Car :tongue-out3:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Andy. Thanks for stopping by and the complement. I didn’t think it would get these compliments on the paint it was kind of a last minute thing I mostly built just for fun

Paul. Thanks for stopping by and the complement

John Thanks for stopping by and the complement. You need to try white walls on a Opel Blitz lol

Mick. Thanks for stopping by glad you like it

Peter Glad you like it and the complement

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Joe and thanks for stopping by. It was very fun to build but I didn’t think it was good enough to post but I took a chance