Lee Drennen’s Dough Hill O scale Layout Pictures

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Gentlemen. Thanks for the warm complements I’m glad you guys appreciate it. I enjoy working on the layout.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Chris. Thanks for the complement. Fruehauf is one of the best and easiest trailers and container chassis I’ve ever pulled. It’s my favorite in the real life and Modeling life

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris. Thanks for the complement. Fruehauf is one of the best and easiest trailers and container chassis I’ve ever pulled. It’s my favorite in the real life and Modeling life
WELL Lee if thats the case an thats what you think you may have pulled one of the trailers or fridge vans trailers that i helped to build an really we built them way too good as i think we put ourselves out of a job as they were so i was told meant to only last a few yrs but when i was working there we had containtners an vans an trailers come back for repair as 15 yrs on a shippin container came in an i found my iniatals welded into the casting an i was amazed an we also build a semi trailer if i remember rightly for a james bond film where a motor bike an side car was after bond an it fired misseles out of the sidecar an missed bond but hit the crane fruehauf trailer as if you ever see it look too the top left hand corner an there are red an white sticker sayin CRANE FRUEHAUF an it got blown too bits OH DEAR
chris

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Chris, l hope you don't try welding your Tiger together......might get JR worked up but would be disasterous for Tiger!!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2:;)Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, l hope you don't try welding your Tiger together......might get JR worked up but would be disasterous for Tiger!!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2:;)Rick H.
YEA Rick :thinking: :smiling3: :smiling3: :rolling: it certainly would as tiger is nr all wood so a fire would ensure an that would be right up J/R street would it not an we would have to do an emergency call to matron an get a big jacket on with the tie ups an her big needles to calm him down lol
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good visual on this Lee......thanks for posting these pics. :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Lee some fantastic pics makes me feel as though im standing there lookin at the cars an lorryies very well done an very colourfull great stuff
chris

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
More pics I took Friday it was a very stressful day cold and snowy slick roads drive so I needed some down time. My train layouts are my best therapy. This is a Weaver RS-3 with a Manifest of Vintage Atlas O Reefer cars 0FC1DFE8-A247-43B6-AF84-A8C0F02D513E.jpeg714C164E-D4D6-4EA1-8B43-61BA4E024911.jpegBFB347DC-4BFC-4A33-B2DC-C44E65CCF11C.jpeg72D062CC-BD03-45E9-AFA7-55C6C36DFAA7.jpeg16B76970-F5E7-4B1D-97CF-5A54D2620760.jpeg

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
John thanks my friend. I never thought I could get a plain piece of black rubber to look like that. Some of the weathering was done with ashes from our fire place one very cold winter to calm the black down. The gravel road is sand I gathered several years ago at my oldest Daughters softball game after they won the tournament. So every time I look at my layout there’s been a special moment that happened in my life.
Wow, lovely sentiment mate :thumb2:!
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Lee love the piccies of your train pulling them boxcars looks real but the vid wont play on my pc but its my pc playin up not your vid oh how i miss my big railway layout nr 20ft sqaure an about a hundred feet of track but that ole hornby ZERO 1 system let me down as it was not powerfull enough spent hundreds of pounds on that an boy what a let down as they dicontinued it proberley due to complaints as it fed only 7.5 volts to the chip in the trains an they would not go proberly
but well them days are now gone SADLY
chris b