Lee Drennen’s Hobby Farm & Garden

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
cool project Lee! Out of interest, does the very narrow wheelbase on the front wheels affect the stability?

ATB

Andrew
Andrew Thanks. Not really in some of the pics you can see it Equalizing when on uneven ground I never had any trouble of out turning over. Hope you follow along.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Ah, so it does rotate on the Center line to equalise the wheels. Excellent stuff. I thought I could see that but wasn’t sure it wasn’t an illusion. Is the pivot that point on the middle tube with the reinforcing plate?
Used to do something similar with my four wheeled wagons on the model railway….it really helped track holding.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Got some sanding and painting done this morning. Going to work on it some more this evening and try to get all the painting done outside. I’ll remove the wheels inside my garage re-pack the Bearings and touch up where I missed painting and build the bed for it. I want to get as much done outside while we have this Beautiful weather. As the old Farmer saying goes “Make Hay while the sun is shining”. Enjoy the pics

81DD3814-15DD-446E-8409-5FCC0743FA81.jpegBDABD008-B74C-4251-9211-3A6D21A8E85B.jpeg077643B4-D920-4BF9-B7D4-9F9B11E1B9C1.jpeg

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well just like everything else these days the Wife was at our local Farm and Home place and the paint I’m using they are sold out. Guess it’s time to go on a wild Goose chase to find this Spray paint.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew Thanks. Not really in some of the pics you can see it Equalizing when on uneven ground I never had any trouble of out turning over. Hope you follow along.
Lee

Thanks for the information, as I don't think I'll never seen the arrangement on this side of the pond.

My mom's cousin used to be married to someone who had a vintage British tractor and when we were children two or 3 times a year we would go to vintage steam traction engine rallies, where they often had vintage tractors on display too. So seeing yours brought back some good memories.

Thanks thanks again for sharing hot keep following along if you don't mind!?! ;)

Andrew

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee

Thanks for the information, as I don't think I'll never seen the arrangement on this side of the pond.

My mom's cousin used to be married to someone who had a vintage British tractor and when we were children two or 3 times a year we would go to vintage steam traction engine rallies, where they often had vintage tractors on display too. So seeing yours brought back some good memories.

Thanks thanks again for sharing hot keep following along if you don't mind!?! ;)

Andrew
Your Welcome Andrew. I’ve always liked Tractors glad I could bring back some memories

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lee, I can just hear a Jew's Harp playing in the background when looking at these pictures.

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Oh I forgot my Lovely Wife topped my day off with my favorite Soup she makes. Potato Soup and she made herself a homemade Pizza both are delicious. 858D5D73-5421-4A8D-8D87-7EC172C4CEF1.jpeg

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee, I can just hear a Jew's Harp playing in the background when looking at these pictures.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard. I hear what your saying in the third pic from the top you can see a chair at the wood line that’s where I sit and take it all in and relax and recall better days on my Farm when I had live stock and it didn’t take all day to do simple chores but I’m still above the sod and maybe it was time to down size and slow down. I’m enjoying my life finally now but at a slower pace.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
How near is your nearest neighbour Lee in case of emergencies.
Downsizing here is living in a single storey house with amenities and neighbours within easy reach including a hospital.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
It sounds as if you're coming to terms with things and life is good. Soup and pizza look tasty. You really can't beat good home cooking. Quality ingredients and no added additives. Hope you find your paint.
Jim

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
How near is your nearest neighbour Lee in case of emergencies.
Downsizing here is living in a single storey house with amenities and neighbours within easy reach including a hospital.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard. My Mother in Law lives across the Road from me. I have 2 that live above my field out of the wood line and 2 more just down the road near me. They all are great we all look after each other and don’t bother nothing. My one neighbor hasn’t seen me out much this summer and asked my wife if I was OK she said he’s OK just can’t be in the heat because of his respiratory problems. I couldn’t ask for beer people.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee
It sounds as if you're coming to terms with things and life is good. Soup and pizza look tasty. You really can't beat good home cooking. Quality ingredients and no added additives. Home you find your paint.
Jim
Yes Jim I am just have to face it. Everything was good last night and your right nothing like homemade and a good cook to put it together.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Gee I wish somebody cooks for me...I do the cooking... and your spread looks delicious.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, good start on the painting......too bad about your supplier being out of stock on it. From the looks of those tires, you are going to need some new "skins" before she's road worthy. Like the "Easy Chair" parked in the shade......looks a good place to survey things and take in some liquid refreshment. :thumb2:
Easy does it...
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well it’s that time of year around here when it’s time to plant Winter Wheat. I haven’t planted Winter Wheat in about 20 years. I’m trying to get my Field back in shape and feed the Deer that’s around here. Here’s some pics I took last week after I got done plowing. I’ll get some of the finished this weekBF886458-D2AD-4329-9B7A-63EF8AE187D5.jpeg994827B0-4134-43BD-8316-D28500F8824C.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee......nice straight furrows. If they keep parking container ships off the coast, you might need some of that wheat to feed your self. I wouldn't trust the Deer to "mill" it for you.....might taste a little funny!!!!!!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out2: Rick H.