Lee Drennen’s Hobby Farm & Garden

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee......nice straight furrows. If they keep parking container ships off the coast, you might need some of that wheat to feed your self. I wouldn't trust the Deer to "mill" it for you.....might taste a little funny!!!!!!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out2: Rick H.
Thanks Rick. This Container business is a mess!!! I’ve been Hauling Sea Cans for 24 years and never seen it so messed up. China wants containers shipped back Empty to reload and ship back here. Our customers have to cancel there shipments because of this. We load grain and China wants those containers too that’s supposed to be loaded with grain sent back to their country empty so they can reload them. We have about 75 rail cars on the yard full of grain waiting to be shipped. I may have to buy a grinder to make flour lol. I’ve been mixing my chicken feed to make it go farther I heard there might be a grain shortage coming this winter.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
Looks as if you and the old tractor have done a good job.
Trade around the world is certainly a mess. Here in the UK not a day goes by without the press announcing a shortage of something or other. Then the idiots rush out and buy loads of whatever is supposedly in short supply which just makes things worse. The cause is Brexit, climate change, the government, lorry drivers, Europe, China - you name it someone will put the blame there.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice job Lee. Definitely worth having a good ploughman’s lunch after all that work. As to international freight, that’s what happens when businesses are run so lean that there is no fat whatever to pick up untoward events. JIT won’t work properly again until the Covid kinks have been straightened out, and we’ve simply got to learn to get on with it.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Lee, be careful with that deer: last week, not far from where I live, a couple who used to feed a deer behind their home was attacked by "their" deer. They are still in hospital; the deer was sedated by local forest police and moved away from the village.
Those who bite the hand that feed them...

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Stupid is as stupid does.....I wonder what part of the phrase, "wild animal", those two did not understand?

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee, be careful with that deer: last week, not far from where I live, a couple who used to feed a deer behind their home was attacked by "their" deer. They are still in hospital; the deer was sedated by local forest police and moved away from the village.
Those who bite the hand that feed them...
Thanks Andy but don’t worry there more afraid of me and more than likely feed at night of late evening that’s when I see them mostly.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Stupid is as stupid does.....I wonder what part of the phrase, "wild animal", those two did not understand?
You got that right Rick. I enjoy watching them from afar and don’t try to get close to them. They know there boundaries as well as I do. People think it’s cute to get near them best thing to do is let the Wild be Wild

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Love that you plough the field Lee. Hope you get a decent crop for the deer!!

ATB

Andrew

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Love that you plough the field Lee. Hope you get a decent crop for the deer!!

ATB

Andrew
Me too Andrew. Should be having some signs of growth by this time next month I’ll keep you guys posted

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Lee,what a beautiful photo full of the colours of autumn, fall for you .
Nice piece of work on the ground, let's hope next year will be a better one for us all .

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee,what a beautiful photo full of the colours of autumn, fall for you .
Nice piece of work on the ground, let's hope next year will be a better one for us all .
Thanks John. I’m having a positive outlook. We been getting some rain so that will be doing it some good. I’ll have more updates next week it was just to cold yesterday for me to do a lot outside.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's an interesting splitter Lee, looks like you get a good work out operating it. ;) Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This Evening I finished up splitting our Fire Wood in the Morning my wife will help me load it up and take it to the little barn where we will stack it in there for storage and keep it more dryer than I used to do by covering it with a tarp. Sorry Guys to tired to build models tonight.
59C42A81-4D0D-43CE-8EEC-208491C9B446.jpeg