Lee Drennen’s Revell/ Matchbox M-19 Diamond T kit GB

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s my entry. I’ve built the Matchbox one many years ago but I kept the box, instructions and decals but I have plenty of Revell on hand so I have to resort to the Revell. This one I will be build as the 373 Tank Transporter Company in the Middle East 1942 if the decals holds up. Thanks Peter again for this GB. Looks like we’re going to have a lot of fun.

B911E3F4-A445-40E1-A562-FBA2F8AD2E2A.jpeg90BE3731-D5FC-435E-A3B2-BD775640839D.jpeg38EE41C2-B773-4615-B10B-E1A1D4F0776A.jpeg

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Lee - quite a large kit this one, lots of wheels!

I know it doesn't affect the build but it is a pity they don't still use the multi colour plastic - that was always the distinctive feature of any Matchbox kit

Still have one of the MB ones up in the stash

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one lee , looks like a good kit , any plans for a tank on it in the future ?

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
have one in the stash so look forward to seeing yours go together

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Simon. Thanks for stopping by. Lots of painting on the wheels. Glad they changed the multi color and box art keeps the original Matchboxes apart

Peter. Thanks for stopping by glad to have you

Yak. I think I might put the old Matchbox Fire Fly on it

Ian. Thanks for stopping by

Windy. Thanks for stopping by there not to bad

Beowulf. Thanks for stopping by have a seat and follow along

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Another interesting looking kit, this time with a big muddy road. They thought of everything back in the day.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice one Lee, have built it too and think the base was a bit too small for the truck and trailer.

Still always loved the old Matchbox kits for that feature with their tanks and afvs, a little dio straight from the box:smiling4:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I remember being mildly disappointed with other manufacturers’ military vehicle kits when I discovered they didn’t come with a diorama base. One of the few exceptions is the Italeri 57 mm antitank gun M1 (the six-pounder), and I liked it more for that reason :smiling3:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks guys for stopping by I’ll have to drop a pic of the one I build years ago

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Lee, never got into Matchbox vehicals as they were 1/76 and not 1/72 plus I was into aircraft then as a kid. I have collected one or two along the way and disregarded the fraction of scale to fit them into planned dios like the Morris and Bofors gun.
Your transporter was one huge kit from the series and will look good on that surface which can look like fine sand for your desert scene in 1942. If you have another tank other than the Firefly, that would be great.

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Richard. Thanks for stopping by and this truck fits well with my other 1/72 trucks not much difference. I for got I was built this in dessert scheme so I will pick another British Sherman tank maybe I’ll get crazy and do a dessert camo on the tank

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s the first one I built many years ago it has lots of sentimental value to me it was my first post on the old MM forum and after this post I gained lots of great friends thank you all for your support these years E8BCA08D-3870-4C1C-A1EA-851B7D241C24.jpegBDABD813-E02D-420C-AFB2-34A248578296.jpeg