Lee's P-51 Mustang GB. The chat thread.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I was going to watch this one from the sidelines , even though I’ve got the Eduard 1/48 weekend p 51d in the stash . I figured that at my build rate I wouldnt be able to do that one in the three months , its a very detailed kit with a lot of parts . BUT …… a recent conversation with John ( Race , see above ) about Soviet and more importantly Chinese PLAAF aircraft , a quick shufti on Ebay and look what happened1B64D910-640F-4C98-A165-250D390C7C18.png
So looks like I’m in ! Just got to source some chinese decals and off we go on sept 1st ! Cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
BUT …… a recent conversation with John ( Race , see above ) about Soviet and more importantly Chinese PLAAF aircraft , a quick shufti on Ebay and look what happenedView attachment 458798

You were weak and spineless and gave into temptation.....says he who's 'acquired' over a dozen kits this year alone...;)

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Now be ready for this , I'm going to enter with a Airfix " Top Gun Maverick model .1/72
Yes you may think I've been converted but a neighbour kindly gave this to me last year for storing his late father's car on part of our drive .Didn't think I would ever built this, but seeing this group build , well what a chance !
Whish me luck, so far I can't find any tracks in the kit so that's a good thing. Off to see if the Russians ever had any ?

They did indeed .
View attachment 458355
Wow John thanks for joining in and I never new the Red Air force had these

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I was going to watch this one from the sidelines , even though I’ve got the Eduard 1/48 weekend p 51d in the stash . I figured that at my build rate I wouldnt be able to do that one in the three months , its a very detailed kit with a lot of parts . BUT …… a recent conversation with John ( Race , see above ) about Soviet and more importantly Chinese PLAAF aircraft , a quick shufti on Ebay and look what happenedView attachment 458798
So looks like I’m in ! Just got to source some chinese decals and off we go on sept 1st ! Cheers tony
Tony thanks for joining in and the efforts to do so glad to have you.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee
Looking forward to this GB, not done anything of this sort for many rotations of Sol lol
I have ready a kit, albeit 48yrs old, some pics, profiles, and a cunning plan
Niho
Nick I’m so glad to have you along also can’t wait to see what you come up with