Leopold K5

N

noble

Hi all this will be my Gb build for July, i have added two pictures they are of the same gun at slightly different angles, iam looking forward to this build as it will be added to a diorama when completed. I will have the barrel raised in firing position with the smoke plume exiting the barrel, so i hope you like it.

scott:shaving:

View attachment 35345

View attachment 35346

View attachment 35347

View attachment 35348

View attachment 35349

View attachment 35350

View attachment 35351

View attachment 35352

View attachment 35353

View attachment 35354

View attachment 35355

View attachment 35356

View attachment 35357

View attachment 35358

View attachment 35359

View attachment 35360

View attachment 35361

View attachment 35362

View attachment 35363

View attachment 35364

Leopold K5 g.jpg

Leopold K5 p.jpg

Leopold K5 a.jpg

Leopold K5 n.jpg

Leopold K5 k.jpg

Leopold K5 s.jpg

Leopold K5 b.jpg

Leopold K5 c.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

Leopold K5 q.jpg

Leopold K5 h.jpg

Leopold K5 o.jpg

Leopold K5 j.jpg

Leopold K5 e.jpg

Leopold K5 i.jpg

Leopold K5 d.jpg

Leopold K5 f.jpg

Leopold K5 m.jpg

Leopold K5 l.jpg

Leopold K5 r.jpg

N

noble

Progress pic so far

Hi all this is my progress so far after 2 weeks the railway trucks are not yet finished, just thought i'd post these pics to show my progress. I hope you like them and as usual all comments are most welcome.

scott:bonjour:

View attachment 36185

View attachment 36186

View attachment 36187

View attachment 36188

View attachment 36189

View attachment 36190

View attachment 36191

View attachment 36192

View attachment 36193

View attachment 36204

View attachment 36205

View attachment 36206

Leopold rail trucks 1.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 2.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 3.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 4.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 5.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 6.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 7.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 8.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 9.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 10.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 11.jpg

Leopold rail trucks 12.jpg

B

backonthecase

1:35 scale, are you completely nuts?!?! lol!

Following this too Scott! I'd love one of these!!!

Stuart

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Scott. Looking good so far. What's the Trumpeter version like to build? I did the Dragon one and that was the closest I've come to a 'shake and bake' kit!

Gern

PS Not being picky or anything, but just in case you've missed them, I spotted a couple of seams that will need a clean up before you paint. (Pics 2 and 9)

N

noble

\ said:
Hi Scott. Looking good so far. What's the Trumpeter version like to build? I did the Dragon one and that was the closest I've come to a 'shake and bake' kit!Gern

PS Not being picky or anything, but just in case you've missed them, I spotted a couple of seams that will need a clean up before you paint. (Pics 2 and 9)
Hi Dave the trumpeter kit is so much more detailed than the Dragon one, it's already taken 2 weeks just to put these two railway trucks together and they are not finished yet. Yeah i know about those seams iam not any where near ready for paint yet but i appreciate the heads up.

scott

N

noble

Hi folks i have did a litle bit of painting on the leopold pics to follow sometime today, but my real concern is that i will be scratch building a vogele turntable and track which is no small feat. Ihave made a start so again pics to follow sometime today, if anyone has any ideas or assistance i would appreciate the heads up.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It not the real one, but there's plenty of photos of a model one here 5 Star Models 72010 - Kurze Bruno Auf Voegele-Drehscheibe (Voegele Turntable)Hope this helps a bit.

Ian M

N

noble

Progress pics

Hi folks these are the pictures i promised earlier this morning, the gun has some paint on it but still has a way to go yet, The vogele turntable is having to be built from scratch so pardon me if it looks a little on the rough side right now, i still have the recoil buffer stop to build the rails to build, then everything will need to be cleaned and dressed then detailed. So a long way left, as usual folks all comments are most welcome be they good or bad.

scott

View attachment 36659

View attachment 36660

View attachment 36661

View attachment 36662

View attachment 36663

View attachment 36664

View attachment 36665

View attachment 36666

View attachment 36667

View attachment 36668

K5 progress 1.jpg

K5 progress 2.jpg

K5 progress 3.jpg

K5 progress 4.jpg

K5 progress 5.jpg

K5 progress 6.jpg

K5 progress.jpg

Vogele turntable 1.jpg

Vogele turntable 2.jpg

Vogele turntable 3.jpg

N

noble

Hi Ian just a thanks for the link you gave me mate, i know that they also do this in 1/35 as well as 1/72 but i can't find the 1/35 one anywhere, and at £200 i thought i'd try to scratch build it instead so wish me luck.

scott

T

treyzx10r

Wow Scott already its looking like a masterpiece ! Keep them pics comin';)

N

noble

Vogele turntable progress pics

Hi all here is my progress so far, the Leopold has been set aside for the moment as i have been working on scratch building the vogele turntable. I have built the turntable bed and the buffer assembly, the centre pivot is still a work in progress. I realise that everything is looking rough at the moment but this is still a work in progress, so tell me what you think all opinions good and bad are most welcome.

scott:smile9:

View attachment 36806

View attachment 36807

View attachment 36808

View attachment 36809

View attachment 36810

View attachment 36811

View attachment 36812

Vogele progress 1.jpg

Vogele progress 2.jpg

Vogele progress 3.jpg

Vogele progress 4.jpg

Vogele progress 5.jpg

Vogele progress 6.jpg

Vogele progress 7.jpg

T

treyzx10r

I think its off to a great start Scott. Thats quite a challenging bit of scratch building going on looking forward to seeing more

N

noble

progress pictures so far

Hi folks here is the progress i have made so far, i have added some weathering to the leopold but most of the work has been centered around construction of the turntable sections. I have completed the general construction with more detailing to do on the turntable itself, it has had a coat of paint but is no where near completed yet, i think i will leave it today and maybe crack on with it tommorrow as usual all comments welcome

scott

View attachment 37142

View attachment 37143

View attachment 37144

View attachment 37145

View attachment 37146

View attachment 37147

View attachment 37148

View attachment 37149

View attachment 37150

View attachment 37151

View attachment 37152

View attachment 37153

leopold and vogele 1.jpg

leopold and vogele 2.jpg

leopold and vogele 3.jpg

leopold and vogele 4.jpg

leopold and vogele 5.jpg

leopold and vogele 6.jpg

leopold and vogele 7.jpg

leopold and vogele 8.jpg

leopold and vogele 9.jpg

leopold and vogele 10.jpg

leopold and vogele 11.jpg

leopold and vogele 12.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking build Scott.

You mentioned the turntable when we met recently and you were scratching your head how to do certain bits, but it seems to me you can take your hand down now! Wonderful job.

Well done mate.

Ron

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
amazing piece of work ... really enjoyed browsing thru the pics .....are u going to possibly add some personnel to it:welldone:

N

noble

\ said:
amazing piece of work ... really enjoyed browsing thru the pics .....are u going to possibly add some personnel to it:welldone:
HI thanks for the comments yes i will be adding a crew and a few other bits, buts to come.

thanks

scott

N

noble

\ said:
Cracking build Scott.You mentioned the turntable when we met recently and you were scratching your head how to do certain bits, but it seems to me you can take your hand down now! Wonderful job.

Well done mate.

Ron
Cheers Ron i appreciate it dude, there is still more to go but iam getting there.

scott