'Leopold' Railway Gun

F

fuma

View attachment 68167

View attachment 68168

View attachment 68169

Hi all.

I think this the right place to post this.

If you haven't built one of these, this is what two weekends and 142 parts gets you!

I've included the un-started main plate for the second truck unit as a comparison. What I have done doesn't come close to completing the underside.

Will post some progress pics in a few weeks.

If anyone else has built one of these then any advice would be gratefully received.

leopold1.jpg

leopold2.jpg

leopold3.jpg

J

John Huggins

Never seen one befor Fuma, what's the box art show so i know what im looking at.

Thats some outstanding work Fuma, more pic's would be nice.

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Better known as 'Anzio Express' Krupp K5 railway gun-massive 71ft long barrel. Looking good there should be a super build when done, are you putting it on a dio base?

Si:smiling3:

N

noble

Hi Fuma i've built the trumpeter leopold in 1/35 a while ago, and scratch built a turn table for it. It is a very impressive beastie when put together, quite big too, will be following with interest cant wait to see what you do with it keep up the ood work.

scott

F

fuma

View attachment 68574

View attachment 68575

View attachment 68576

View attachment 68577

View attachment 68578

Hi all.

A few update pics. Including the box art for John. :P

Pound coin is for a sense of scale. Still only one of the track units to show and still not complete!!

Scott, this is the same one as you've already built, any pointers? Apart from not to drop the smaller parts!! Done that a few times!!

Si, I will be putting a dio together not quite sure what yet.

Another update in a few weeks.

leopold4.jpg

leopold5.jpg

leopold6.jpg

leopold7.jpg

leopold8.jpg

J

John Huggins

Thanks Fuma looks outstanding work keep the pic's flowing.

John

F

fuma

View attachment 69632

View attachment 69633

View attachment 69634

Hey all.

Can I get some feedback (good and bad) on the deck for the ammo store. I'm not sure about it?..... On the home stretch for this bit now. Think its taken around 35 hours to get this far. 30 of those hours have probably been spent crawling around on the floor trying to the little piece I've dropped, again!!!

Why is it the smallest, tiny little part is always the one to fall on the floor..... Grrrrrr!!!!! :mad: ;) :P :rolleyes:

leopold15.jpg

leopold16.jpg

leopold17.jpg

N

noble

beautiful work Fuma keep going this is a quality piece, I built this exact kit a while back and scratch built a vogel turntable for it. I will be watching with a great deal of interest.

scott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Fuma, I think the decking looks okay, you could add a slight wash to represent slight wear but I think it works well as it is.

Looking great so far.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The decking looks great. Weathered just enough I think.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A lot of great work going into this.

Ian M

First Name
Gregg
'WOW' this is one great build. More please!

Gregg

F

fuma

View attachment 71982

View attachment 71983

View attachment 71984

View attachment 71985

View attachment 71986

View attachment 71987

This is what 62 hrs can get you. Including time spent on the floor looking for the little bits that I keep dropping again and again and again!!!

Gents I keep looking at this and keep thinking there is something missing and I've got all these long tubey bits left in the box any ideas what they might be for?!!

Many thanks for the comments. Been a while since I posted last. Unfortunately work has been getting in the way, along with the news that I will be a grand father in June next year!!!! All a bit much to take in.:confused::confused:o_O:sad:

leopold18.jpg

leopold19.jpg

leopold20.jpg

leopold21.jpg

leopold22.jpg

leopold23.jpg

C

CDW

Long tubes ??? No idea whats they might be :smiling3: :smiling3:

This looks really good so far, looks like the ends in sight now!

Congrats for the good news, hope all goes well in June.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You got any clear, round bits in the box? If so they might be lenses to fit in the tubes to make a microscope to help you find all those bits.

Gern

F

fuma

CDW - many thanks.:cool:

Gern - I thought the tubes could be for a Vacuum to collect the parts!! Have ever considered changing your name to Yosarian? :P :smiling3: